Visited Tropical Herbal in mid October 2010 and stayed for 4 nights.
It’s actually a really nice resort, very quite which was ideal for us and as another reviewer said it’s like being in the jungle.
Our room was spacious and clean with a rustic feel, don’t come here expecting polished white marble floors and you won’t be disappointed. Yes there are bugs in the bathroom, the paintwork is a bit iffy here and there, the electrics wouldn’t pass any UK inspection and ‘something’ did wake us up rustling at night (probably a lizard)
We had a special low season rate and it was good value as the room and bathroom were a good size and had a covered veranda.
My only negative comment is that the room was quite dark, during the day this was due to the hotel building next door (it is a rather unattractive breeze block wall) and at night as the light bulbs were underpowered.
Next door hotel’s air con does make a horrendous noise twice a day – sounds like a space ship is powering up – only lasts for about 5 mins each time.
The pool at Tropical is small but exclusive (as we were the only ones there!) Breakfast is perfectly adequate (although quite a few mosquitoes in the breakfast area) and the staff are friendly and want to help as much as they can. Beach towels are available on request which you can take out for the day which is a bonus.
Ao Nang is a nice typical small Thai resort, there is a 7-11 about 3 mins down the road for supplies – good selection of restaurants within 5 mins and lots down towards the beach which is 10-15 mins walk. We hired a scooter as the walk back is a gentle hill all the way, nothing steep but in the heat it’s quite tiring.
However the beach is pretty unattractive so get a boat to Railay or one of the islands where it’s beautiful or just chill by the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ao Nang Premier Resort is located at Ao Nang Beach in Krabi Province of Thailand. Serving as an accommodation in the tropical environment, offering 9 individual Deluxe Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ao Nang Premier Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Herbal Hotel Ao Nang
- Tropical Herbal Spa And Resort
- Ao Nang Premier Resort Krabi