“Amazing IDC course right here”

Sawasdee Divers Krabi
Ranked #4 of 52 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sawasdee Divers Krabi is a Padi 5* IDC Dive Resort. We do the full range of Padi Courses from beginners to instructor level.Day trip diving to Phi Phi island, Shark point, Anemone Reef and King Cruiser.Half day diving and night dive can be organised around our local islands, but a minimum of 2 divers is require.
Reviewed 15 June 2017

i was spend my two amazing week ,during my IDC course we're have a lot of good time ,fun ,learn lot of thing at sawasdee diver ,also my course director yann,he's so amazing personality and very experience and he was been teaching for more then twenty year ,inside the class also very nice ,enjoyable and relax but still with a lot of knowledge and yann also he's told and tech me and other candidate by personal experience not only thing ,we're have to do to go through the test but still useful in reality ,once again if you guys looking for some place to continue your professional diver life ,here sawasdee diver and of cause yann one of the greatest course director i ever met ,come to try and then you guys will know how do i feel :) ,thank you sawasdee diver and Merci Beaucoup beaucoup yann :)

All reviews
"phi phi"
in 12 reviews
"two hours"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"unforgettable experience"
"great instructor"
"sea life"
"dive shop"
"small group"
"rice"
"these guys"

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I did my rescue diver, efr and divemaster course with Sawasdee Divers and I'm extremely happy about it. I had such a great time learning with everyone at Sawasdee! I learned a lot about diving and how to help customers of different skill sets and background. From the start, I had a good chat with Yann. He came to see me at my hotel to discuss the possibilities. Let's say that I didn't have an ideal schedule, I was limited in time and I had a lot of dives to do. But nevertheless Yann was willing to work with me towards my goal to become divemaster. I had the pleasure to do my course with Didier, Sandra, Mélik, Hugo, Joel and Meggy. Diving with them was a pleasure, they were always eager to give me tips and to help me become better. My goal is now to become an instructor. And well, I'm going to do my course at Sawasdee of course!

1  Thank Provencher V
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I went for the first dive on my own with Sawasdee Divers since getting my open water license in 2015. Unfortunately, motion sickness hit me hard and I was projectile vomiting throughout, everytime I enter the water and break the surface, and pretty much the moments in between as well!

My instructor Melik and divemaster trainee Vincent took such great care of me. I never once felt alone, or that I was a burden. They never let my fellow diver who was assigned to be my buddy feel left out either while they took care to make sure I'm okay.

If you are looking to dive in Krabi, especially if you are a solo traveller or an inexperienced diver, I'll highly recommend this place. In such an uncomfortable situation, they made me feel like projectile vomit is nothing to be ashamed of, and neither is sea sickness!

1  Thank Lay Peng n
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Did 3 days of fun dives with Sawasdee and would highly recommend them. Would have liked to do the wreck course but fitting in 4 wreck dives was not possible at the time of year I visited.

Great equipment and service from Yann the owner, Dee Dee the 2IC, Milek the instructor who led the dives and a trainee dive master Mark. Always felt safe in their hands.

Highlights were seeing a Hawksbill sea turtle and a huge Barracuda.

1  Thank snowges
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I am a PADI Instructor who recently completed my IDC Staff Instructor course with Yann at Sawasdee. The experience was excellent from start to finish. Even as a practicing instructor, I benefited from Yann's many years of experience teaching people to become dive professionals and often received helpful feedback from him. Whereas many Course Directors will teach the IDC with a focus just to pass the exam, Yann goes beyond this to try to ensure that students will not only pass but also be competent and prepared once actually teaching. An on-site pool means instructor candidates get far more practice presenting skills underwater than the minimum required. Same thing is true for making classroom presentations. Both of these are main components of the Instructor Exam, meaning candidates will arrive well prepared having practiced repeatedly already. I particularly enjoyed working with Yann because of who he is as a person. Not only a nice guy, but also passionate about what he is doing, and even after 20+ years in the diving industry is motivated to continue teaching at all levels. He brought the right balance of seriousness and fun, with many laugh out loud moments during the course which can help lighten any momentary stress. I'm very happy now to be a Staff Instructor, and many thanks to Yann and Sawasdee for the great experience!

1  Thank Joel G