“Recommended”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

One of the best meals I have had in a long while. Very clean restaurant, friendly staff, and a fantastic atmosphere ! Will definitely be going again.

2  Thank Gordon R

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Table booked for 6.30pm, food arrival time 7.40pm,waitress stern but pleasant, food average sadly we were not totally blown away! Restaurant clean.

2  Thank lois t
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were celebrating an anniversary and decided to try the Crown. There were meal deal options but we chose to have the fillet steak from the specials board. The steak was served with crisp well seasoned chips, delicious beer battered onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and salad. Tha food was well presented. The flavour of the steak was amazing the knife simply glided through the meat as it was cooked to perfection. The onion rings were the best that I had ever eaten, in fact we could not fault the food. The only thing is that you are eating in a pub even though it was the restaurant part, it can be noisy.

1  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My wife and I visited the Crown for my birthday dinner. We were warmly welcomed by the owners, and I was even offered a drink by the landlord to celebrate. The meal was excellent, well cooked and presented. The helpings were generous and good value for money, the staff attentive and friendly. I felt really welcome and we will definitely visit again.

1  Thank birthdayboy2014
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I came across this pub by chance and decided to stop for lunch.
We chose the "two course meal for £6.95"
We were not expecting excellence but had hoped for better.
I had the soup for stater and vegetable curry for main.
The soup was nice but the curry was unreal.
I was given a small amount of rice with a thin watery curry sauce that was almost transparent with only a tablespoon of 5 to 10 mm pieces of diced veg [looked like it came from a "value" tin of diced mixed veg] ...it reminded me of the scrapings from the bottom of the pan,
I told the lady behind the bar that I thought the curry lacked substance and she said she would speak to chef.
No one came back to us to explain why the food was so poor and no one apologised,.
As we left we spoke to the lady again to ask what the chefs response was and she said he told her the food was too cheap and they would be putting their prices up.
The Landlord was behind the bar talking to a local and never acknowledged our problem.
Very disappointing attitude..very poor value even if cheap.

3  Thank Robert G