“THE BEST COLOMBIAN BEACH I'VE SEEN”
Review of Playa Blanca

Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Isla Baru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I came here on Bequia Eagle, a tour boat, ported in Cartagena. The cost was of $25 included the trip to Playa Blanca and lunch at the beach. The beach is very beautiful and the water is great for swimming, diving, and other water sports. I would love to stay to here longer but I didn't see any hotels in sight to indicate that was possible. This is why I could only give it a very good. A place like this deserves to be enjoyed for a lot longer than 2 hours.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,481)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

For about $20 per person you can enjoy a beach trip to Baru'. Take a 45 minute boat trip from the harbor out to the nicest beaches in Cartagena. Enjoy the scenery with a nice canopy overhead and a drink server. Lunch was included but don't expect too much. Beware the souvenir sales...pretend you are asleep! Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

A little crowded but worth it. The view and the warm water are a combined paradise. Food is good but you have to be careful with the vendors they can overwhelm you but its understandable since selling is the only source of income they have. You should pay a visit and try the local "Coco Loco" cocktails. Demand your change right away And enjoy it!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Getting sorted on the pier was incredibly confusing and frustrating, but the trip itself was seamless on a good quality safe boat. The beach is beautiful, however it is full of hawkers and tourists and boats. We got ripped off far too much and were frustrated at the shop owners that never gave us change until we demanded.
Nonetheless it was beautiful and relaxing - I do believe there are more beautiful serene beaches near by that would be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I took a day trip to Playa Blanca. We had read reviews prior to going so we understood that the process was a bit of a mess and that vendors were annoying on the island. Only part of that was true.

Isla Lizamar is ridiculous tour company. We sat in the port waiting for our boat. Any time we asked about the status, we were rudely told, "wait". I became a little frustrated as our departure was an hour late so I asked again and they pointed us to a boat. We sat on the boat with our lifejackets on for 30 minutes before we left. The other passengers were even more frustrated than I was and demanded that they give us more time on the island. They refused as they refueled their boat. Why couldn't they have done this before they got passengers?

Once we got situated on the island, it was truly beautiful. You won't find clear water and stunning white sand in Cartagena like you do in Playa Blanca. I found the vendors to be quite entertaining and sweet. Yeah, they're trying to sell something to you but that's their job. They all had good spirits and were always smiling. One woman gave my husband a massage but I wasn't interested. I ended up getting from her one purely because I was impressed with her selling tactics. It was a good massage and I was glad that I decided to do it!

The salesman from Isla Lizamar told us that our lunch would be included with a variety of items and a beverage. Only a portion of it was true. He also told us that we would depart Cartagena at 8am and leave the island at 4pm. This also was untrue. We left at 9:30am and returned at 3:30pm. I definitely recommend visiting Playa Blanca just don't expect much from the tour company. They seem to have very poor communication from sales to operations.

1  Thank Janers310