“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Borden-Carleton
Nova Scotia
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were told that the restaurant at this motel would be a good place for us to go get breakfast. We were staying at some beautiful cottages not far from here. We went in and sat down at one of the, I believe it was 3 tables, in the place. There was a woman cooking at the frill behind the counter. After we sat there for quite a while we went to the counter to see if we were supposed to go up to order and was very rudely told that she just had a very big order come in and we would have to wait. We said ok and read the coffee news, the smokers in our group went out and did so leaving us inside to order. We waited and waited. No one took our order or even poured us a cup of coffee. We left hungry and ticked off.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Crystal P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

my children and i stayed at the carleton motel last week as we vacationed on pei, i hesitated on the location and considering the price, i really wasnt sure what i would end up with? to my pleasant surprise it was a little outdated but the cottage style room was cozy and really really clean! internet was such a bonus too with a rainy evening and two pre-teens. the staff treated us like royalty! they called us all by name by day two and really went out of their way to help us, suggesting different places to sight see and things they thought would be age appropriate for my children. one of the cleaning staff even helped us pack up our car seeing us struggling to fit all of our luggage and bags back into the car! PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND IS THE PLACE TO VACATION AND THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY!!!!!!

Room Tip: if you have children ask for one of the rooms in the back, because there is also a playground!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank coline w
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

The furnishings are old and mis-matched, however, our room had two twins and a single; which fit the four of us comfortably. Add in the fridge, microwave and TV and it's possible to over look the stacking chairs and 70's era wainscoting.
Thought being right on the main hwy would be noisy but with the A/C on, it was fine.
Corner Gas, har har. Great help from the ladies at the counter, who embody Maritime hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Dutchbolt
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Spent last night there. The room was clean and comfortable and a good size with a kitchenette. What really got my attention was the staff. I asked for directions and the girl in the cafe brought out her mom who took the time to go over a map with me showing me the route and also showing me nearby swimming beaches. I grabbed hot beverages and bacon for breakfast in the morning and the woman cooking and the man working were equally friendly. The cafe has a real 'corner gas/Ruby's' feel to it. There were even 2 RCMP officers eating breakfast:) I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnydaze1111
King City, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

This motel is definitely showing it's years. Bed covers and linens are very old, paper thin.
The room had a large bed that was showing it's years however I slept like a rock (I also had been driving for 15 hours so it may have been exhaustion).
TV was available however not enjoyable to watch as it was outdated.
Room had an old couch, old dining room table, full fridge and full cooking facilities.
This is a great motel for a family with children as it is very spacious and the cooking facilities are a nice bonus. I was alone and paid $70. ((Can't beat that))
WIFI was very good in the room. This was important to me.

The owner greeted me late and processed me quickly. Service was very friendly!

Room Tip: My room had a terribly noisy fan in the bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jane B
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Me and my girlfriend just checked out today after staying there for four days. I must admit the first day there we had are doubts about the place, But after we settled in them doubts kinda drifted away. The room we had was very clean, the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. All in all its not to bad of a place to stay and id definitely recommend it to other people ,only problem is its quite a way from any of the major tourist destination places... and for the persons comment below we had cabinet for tv ,,each room must just be diffrent

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mike79135
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I recently stayed at this establishment and I was very impressed! I had read the reviews before I booked but went for it anyway. Sure it's not a five star hotel but it isn't a five star price either. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. The rooms were clean and we were given permission to use the full grounds. Efficiency units were available as well as barbeques. Adjoining rooms were also very convenient!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Nursehope
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borden-Carleton
Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites
Slemon Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Brackley Beach North Winds
Brackley Beach North Winds
#1 of 2 in Brackley Beach

Been to Carleton Motel & Coffee Shop? Share your experiences!