“Great staff and diving”

Golden Rock Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner operated since 1994 Golden Rock Divers has a small dive shop feel with all the amenities you would expect from a world class dive destination without all the frills. Flexibility is our motto and adjusting to our customers needs and desires is how we can best ensure their satisfaction. Your safety and enjoyment are at the core of our operation and helping our guests to experience all Statia has to offer is our goal!
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I dove two days with Glenn and Michele at Golden Rock and wish we had stayed on Statia longer. Michele and Glenn are great, really laid back and fun. Kris and Karrina had just started at Golden Rock and they were awesome.Lots of fun and very helpful.The dive boat was a breeze to exit and enter with plenty of room. The diving was excellent and conditions were great as well. We look forward to returning for a longer time in the near future.

1  Thank John L
There are newer reviews for Golden Rock Dive Center

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was on the island visiting a friend and her husband who used to be a dive master at this shop, he recommended I try the intro to Dive class and I was so glad I did.

This little shop was very laid back and professional even though we arrived late they took there time teaching us. We had Ray who took us down to the side of the dock where we first went under. I thought I would never dive in my life because of my anxiety and even while having a small one under water he quickly put me at ease by a simple hand movement telling me to breathe.

Second part we went out with one other diver to a 40 ft dive which was amazing even though I could not regulate my ears to go down fully I was able to at my pace come back up and enjoy snorkeling while my friend finished her dive. Now I cant wait to try it again even though everyone says this is the best place to dive in the Caribbean. I would recommend to anyone!

Another great thing was the dive was not rushed we went at our pace and had a great time!

1  Thank Jessie G
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Statia is known for it's diving and I learned to dive from the Golden Rock dive Shop. Glenn the owner is very knowledgeable and Kaylie, our instructor, was a very good teacher and made sure we were comfortable with everything we did. Both of us were very nervous and she took it very slow and never left our sides. What a wonderful experience! Saw sunken cannons and a green sea turtle!

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We were there after hurricane Sandy tore through the Caribbean. The conditions were okay (vis was okay and we had some currents). We dove with the owners (Glenn and Michele) - great people - very accomodating and lots of knowledge. We enjoyed getting to know them and simply sitting down and talking to them in the morning. When we dove, where we dove and how much we dove was completely up to us - they were very accomodating. A great trip and very relaxing. Thank you guys - we had a great time... and took some great pictures!!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is a small but organized and friendly dive center where the customer comes first. When you ask what time the dives leave and to where, you will be asked what time YOU want to dive and where YOU want to go! They also offer Nitrox--quite a feat given the tricky logistics of getting things to Statia.

Michelle responds very quickly to e-mail enquiries and unlike other operators where you need to leave your credit card details, here they trust you to show up when you say you will.

I brought my teenage nephew and niece here and they were amazed at how much better the diving was compared to St. Maarten and St. Martin and how much more friendly than St. Barts. We had the boat to ourselves for the two days we dove here. They had good quality equipment in even small sizes for the kids. Kayley and Glenn took us out. All our equipment was always ready to go when we arrived.

The dive sites are all 5-10 minutes away. Aquarium is perhaps 15-20 minutes away and furthest one. (Note that it can have reduced viz due to run off in the rainy season.) The diving is some of the best in the Caribbean, with lots of fish, stingrays, turtles, soft coral and wrecks.

There is not a lot going on in sleep Statia but if you are serious about diving.,It's worth making the effort to come here and dive with Golden Rock.

1  Thank poleinahole1