“Good food as always, however the service ....”
Review of The Corner Shop

The Corner Shop
Ranked #3 of 75 Restaurants in Yarraville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food as always, however the service ....”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Sigh - love the food here and generally enjoy every visit. But today the service was disappointing. From the moment we stepped in the door we felt as if we were spoiling the day for our waitress. We weren't being difficult. Nothing tricky in the order. So there was no need for the eye rolling. With the number of good places to eat in Yarraville it will be very easy to walk away. Or walk on if we see that staff member in again.

The chicken poached in coconut was excellent.

• Visited February 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A firm favourite”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I spent Christmas with my sister and her family in Yarraville. The Corner Shop quickly became our favourite place for brunch/coffee in the village. I indulged in their iced coffee a few times and have fond memories of it. Their brunch/lunch menu is fantastic - lots of variety. One of my favourites was a pide with hummus and a carrot salad, absolutely delicious and very healthy. On our last night in Yarraville that's where we chose to go for dinner and it didn't disappoint. We went for a selection of tapas/mezze style dishes - great variety and imaginative and well-executed dishes.
Next time we visit Melbourne we will definitely make a bee-line for the Corner Shop, thank you :)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Aoife74
Yarraville, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad coffee”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Order a large latte and you'll wait 10 minutes, only to get half a small cup of lukewarm flat brown milk... I don't recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Shaun N
Melbourne
“Not so great service”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The service here is pretty terrible; I felt like I was more a burden than a customer. Not a great spot for families and mums with bubs.

Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great service, buzzy, good food”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had a bite here after a movie on Sunday. Service was very good, friendly but they kept busy (a good thing).

Choice of food was really good although I wish places didn't tempt you with dishes that aren't available i.e. breakfast until 1pm - I mean what happens, do they lose the ability to cook eggs or sommit?

Shared the meatballs and sardines - both very tasty and generous. The use of capers with the sardines and kipflers worked surprisingly well.

Coffee was excellent.

Atmosphere was bubbly, noisy but comfortable.

Great choice of music.