“Ocean View”

Description: http://g.co/maps/cgynb
San Diego, California
“Ocean View”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Came here on a Sunday for lunch. Ordered tortilla soup and lobster and steak plate. Food was ok. The view from the dining table of the pacific ocean was amazing. Mariachi band was playing.
The restaurant don't accept credit card, cash only.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NDC384

Chula Vista, California, United States
“Lobster? Wouldn't Know It!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Decided to take the wife and family for her birthday. Haven't been to Puerto Nuevo in 20 years, so I thought it would be fun to eat some of the delicious lobster that Ortega's is famous for. What a disappointment. The place has gotten HUGE and there was plenty of seating. Parking wasn't an issue either. However, we ordered the X-Large and Jumbo lobsters but were told that they only have small (chicas). So we ordered the small ones along with shrimp and fish. The lobster all showed up on a large plate that we would share. The fish and shrimp were DELICIOUS! And the huge, handmade flour torillas were to die for. However, the lobster, which we had come for, was absolutely terrible. It was small, very small. Extremely overcooked and tasted funny, like it was old or had been sitting around for awhile. And, very overpriced.
The service was okay as well as the ambience.
If we go back to Puerto Nuevo, we will look around for a different restaurant.
The only reason I gave it 3 stars is that the Fish, Shrimp and Tortillas were very good.

• Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Villa Ortega is great but also the most expensive place.”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The memories I will always have here are amazing. As I hope most people would experience -- this was my first stop in the infamous Puerto Nuevo lobster village.

Family friends took us there and now this is where I recommend first timers go -- or Angel del Mar, because they both have the best views.

Secured parking in a plus here but the lack of lobster sizes and high prices make it a one and done in my opinion. Especially with so many other options. I've been to Puerto Nueuvo many times and I'm on my fourth different restaurant. If you want the views, this is your spot, if you're not a first timer try some where else. Chela is a great clean one with no view but cheap prices and nice service with all size lobsters.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 45robertc
Culver City, California
“Not what it use to be”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We hadnt been to Ortega's for about 5 years and were excited to go on our trip to La mision where we had rented a house for Thanksgiving, my son use to order the lobster quesdilla which I believe was around $12.00 back then, now they no longer offer but you can have if you order small lobster meal for $20.00, but they didn't have any small lobsters! humm, I ordered the lobster and carne meal, which comes with tortilla soup, a good portion of carne and a piece of lobster the size of my pinkie beans and rice and tortilla about 22.00, but I was so dissappointed in the amount or lack of lobster, there were 4 of us and everyone was dissappointed in the portion or size of lobster served and the bill was 100.00 for just food no drinks. Service was excellent on the other hand. In the town of Puerto Nuevo, can't stand all the men always yelling to come to there business to buy something, they don't realize all you want to do is run the opposite way when they hassle you to eat or buy something.

• Visited November 2012