“will never come back”

Costa Baja Condo Hotel
Costa Baja Condo Hotel
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

If you don't care about clean, No heather, ugly rooms, ok, but if you need to be a place to relax, nice views , this is not the hotel. for 10 extra bucks you can get something exelent. I spend one night and move to another hotel, I loss my money..the pictures you see in the advertisement is fake one. The people at front desk is friendly, but the hotel is a messy..I will never come back, y prefer to sleep in my car..

Room Tip: this hotel is only for emergencies, when you don't fine anything else, Is not cheap, for the sa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank amarillo1954

Reviewed 25 November 2013

while my friends and I stayed in Costa Baja Hotel in Ensenada BC my car got broken into In the hotels parking lot, only to find out that the Receptionist that help us to get a room for the night was the one that broke into my car.(Felix G. Montes Pena) He took mine and my companions documents,Passports Cell phones keys to my house and broke the lock from my car to get into it. I filed a police report and a complaint to the hotel but they were of no help to us. How I found out it was the hotels staff . After I got home in the States I get a phone call from a man in Ensenada telling me that he found my stolen documents. I recovered some of my stolen property but after looking thoroughly through my stuff I found a business card inside my bag that i never put in there from the receptionist of Costa Baja Hotel. My advise to anyone staying there is: STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lorenap878
Reviewed 28 August 2013

How could I start this off? It was a nightmare! First of all the rooms were not the same as what they advertised on there website. The rooms were filthy and the towels were DISGUSTING! The beds were as HARD as a ROCK! The tv didn't work at all. Then the second night we requested another room because a BAD odor was coming out of the toilet. Then we requested another room, there was another problem. The shower handle broke! The pool was NOT CLEAN at all and was very cold that nobody was in the pool!!Also,the jacuzzi smelled like ROTTEN WATER!!!! After staying there for 4 nights it was a HORRIBLE VACATION!! We couldn't get another hotel because they were full. Finally,they wanted to charge us a extra night that we didn't stay. NEVER use your credit card because they will charge you a extra night because that's what they did to my brother in law!!!!!!! So we sneaked out and we did not pay the extra night!!! So I will never stay in that hotel ever again!!!!!!!! You will rather sleep in you car.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Monica F
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The beds were awful. The bathroom towels looked like they were dragged in mud and just rinsed. The pool was cold. The hotel staff was rude. Requested a fridge to keep the kids milk cold and had to use the freezer portion to keep it cold. Television resolution was blurry. We ended up checking out the next day with a stiff back. Never coming back to this place again. Rather stay in the car next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My boyfriend took me here for my 30th birthday based on their website. It was our first trip to Ensenada and according to their website, they had a beautiful luxury hotel overlooking the ocean with a restaurant, pool & spa, and all around great place.

When we first arrived, we thought we were in the wrong place as the building looked 25 years older in real life than it did online. By the time we checked into our "king suite" we realized we were in a filthy, cheap dump. The "ocean view" was a view of the back side of a ship yard, there were no pillow cases, the shower handle broke off the moment we touched it, the bed was hard as a rock with springs sticking out, the room was dirty and depressing.

We wanted to find another place to stay but it was already late when we arrived. The one redeeming quality was that their pool/spa area did look somewhat close to the advertisement. So after being disappointed with the hotel itself, we decided to try the spa. We asked if it was open and the front desk person said yes, but when we came back 5 minutes later to jump in, he informed us that management decided to shut it down for the day because of Chlorine problems. Hotel restaurant was closed, hotel bar lounge was closed, pool spa was closed.

We would have had a nicer room at a Motel 6 in TJ and for cheaper. Long story short, this place needs to be shut down, it's gross, you will not enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank c s
Reviewed 4 October 2012

DONT GO THERE!!! worst place to stay, better sleep in my car.
bad service, in the restaurant, and the food....liack, nothing good. The towels..... dirty, old!!! im so sorry for the owners, but why they do not invest in some good cleaning company, and also better empleoyes???
neil.lening@aol.com

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This was not my first time in Ensenada, but it was my first time in this hotel... the service from the people wasn't bad, but... the rooms were beat up, no internet connection, the pool was out of service, not even phone in the room... baths were in a deplorable state; cable TV was deficient... the only good thing I can say is that they have a covered packing and I felt my car was very safe and also that I had a good sleep because is not in the busy streets.

Room Tip: There's no good room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple