“Yes, I'd stay again for another package deal!!”

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Villa Fontana
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We just got back from a wknd stay at Villa Fontana and had a fabulous wknd!! We bought a wknd package that included 3 meals per day at local restaurants, winery tour tickets, and our rooms. As we arrived we were well received with a small basket of fruits and water. We asked for the renovated rooms and got very nice clean rooms equivellent to a Days Inn in the US. (very nice) It's near by all. The CID restaurant for dinners was 4 star quality and delicious selections. Benito from the front desk was exceptional!! Very warm and hospitable. Promptly attended to us on all. We took another couple with us and they were complimenting us all weekend for such a great bargain find. The package was well put together!! We can't wait to try the whale watching and fishing package with Villa Fontana! We reccomend you give them a try.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenrocs

Reviewed 10 March 2010

I went down for a dirt bike trip. The friend who planned the trip uses this hotel, but it was my first time. It is important to take off your USA hat, and put on your sombrero when evaluating a hotel in Esenada, especially in this price range. Evaluate your priorities. The hotel was clean. I stayed in two different rooms (double and a triple) in two nights, and I can confirm that the appointments are not luxurious, but that is not my priority. The important things work, like the heat/ac, lights, and hot water in the shower. The cleaning staff was nice. The night desk clerks were easy going and helpful, too. The streets in the this tourist area are also safe with regular police car patrols. The parking is as secure as you will find with a front desk controlled gate to a lit courtyard parking lot. Aside from our dirt bikes, we also saw they had street bike tourists parked in a niche that was hidden from street view. They will let you pay to leave your trucks there if you go riding overnight, depending on space availability.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan_from_SoCal
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Not sure which room or nights the other reviewers had, but I'm actually shocked about the positive reviews others have posted. We booked this place through hotels.com and I expected far better on the cleanliness and basic maintenance. I have stayed in many motels/hotels and resorts throughout Baja, and this place was just inexcusable. Everything in our room was broken and covered in dirt and grime. The TV didn't work, the phone was missing the cord, the bed had springs sticking through the mattress, and we couldn't get hot water for more than a few seconds before it would cycle between luke-warm and frigid cold. We notified the front desk, and although apologetic, there wasn't anything they could do since it was a very full night due to Carnival. The location is good, but I would never come here again. We came home and took showers since just staying there made us feel dirty.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2009

We payed $65 for that Friday Night. It served the purpose of sleeping for the night. If I was going to say more then one night, I would have stayed at the Best Western across the street.

Bath towels are thin, and bathroom facilities were adequate but well worn.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Park your car, you are there! It is not the Westin but for the price of this place you get friendly helpful service. The front desk staff has been there for years and everyone is nice to you. I have stayed all over Ensenada but me and my family keep choosing Villa Fontana.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 September 2008

So we decided to head to Ensenada for the weekend, I looked at some of the reviews and decided to take a shot at it anyway. The location is great, you are right in the middle of everything, the beach is with in walking distance. You cant beat the price ~$87 with AAA discount. The décor is old but it isn’t dirty. The balcony view was great, a little noisy if you are a light sleeper but nothing major.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank herrera012
Reviewed 20 August 2008

I did not make a reservation I just walked in to front desk.

We stayed just one terrible night.

It was very noisy from the discos near this central motel.
And all nigth wild (drunk?)kids screaming coming back to thier rooms.

The pictures shown are maybe from 1960's and theya have not made any renovations using all original furniture and possibly linnes.

I would not stay there ever.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family