“Not Recommended”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ensenada
Hotel Mision Santa Isabel
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Woodland Hills, California
“Not Recommended”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I made a reservation at the Hotel Mission after reading the previous review. Big mistake, maybe I was expecting too much. All is was looking for was a clean room. I asked for a refund and checked into another hotel.

The first thing I noticed was the pool, it was cloudy, and this was a bad sign, I couldn't even see the bottom of the pool. The front desk was very nice, this was the only highlight of the hotel. The room had no air conditioning, the bathroom wasn't clean, and the floor was covered with dead insects.

Sorry Hotel Misson you get a 2 thumbs down.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Sean A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

After reading previous reviews I decided to stay here. I had been here before few years ago, I was dissapointed. The bathroom was not clean, there was water on the floor, comforter did not look washed, so we set it aside. I was determined to enjoy the trip, so we stayed. We tried taking a nap during the day but employees cleaning rooms and walking by were so loud I decided to get up...so dont take a day nap. Also if you make reservations get ready to get charged for stay and then get charged again when you check in oh n get charged again when you leave, eventhough they say other ones get canceled. So keep your receipts!

Other than that enjoyed my trip yo Ensenada.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank gurlale
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 10 July 2012

i stayed there with my partner on a saturday night at the rate of $65, we had a king suite which was definitely spacious enough for the two of us. everything functioned well, the location is downtown, very safe parking in the rear of the building. charmin' place, will stay again.

Room Tip: check if this place has an available room, in you're on a budget-- you wont find a better deal.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank omxom
Palisade, Colorado
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I was travelling to Ensenada by myself (a female) and stayed at the Hotel Mision Santa Isabel for 3 nights. It was a wonderful experience. I had reserved my room in advance for $65 / night. When I arrived, the gentleman said, since you're not staying over a weekend, I'll decrease the rate to $50 / night. The hotel was clean, quiet and I felt extremely safe. I parked in their lot behind the hotel and didn't have any problems. I will definitely stay here whenever I'm in Ensenada.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Janai64
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We (a family of 7...5 adults and 2 children) stayed overnight on our way down the Baja to see the Gray Whales. I loved the location and the secure parking at this hotel. The staff were very pleasant and accomodating!! I would stay here again. We did wonder what this place would have been like when it was new..... probably fantastic. Great for the overnight stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dianen717
Lafayette, CA
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We wandered in to check rates for a mid-week stay. A motel up the block, hardly comparable, had quoted $76 and $86. No wonder they were empty....The guy at the front desk of the Hotel Mision Santa Isabel was incredibly welcoming and gave us the rate of $50 per night! The hotel is old-style with beautiful Spanish architecture surrounding a pool. You really feel you are in Mexico. The staff was very helpful when I asked them to change Fox news to CNN. It was done immediately. I really recommend this hotel for people who want to take it easy and meander through Ensenada.

Room Tip: Just ask, the Fronf Desk staff is great
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank newagelife
Durham, NC
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Stayed one night at Hotel Mision Santa Isabela in Ensenada - easy to find and easy to park. Steve/Esteban at the front desk is super nice and helpful. Simple, clean, quiet, nice sized rooms with comfortable beds are what you will find here. The bathroom is clean but could use some repainting especially in the shower. Bottled water dispensers are located on each floor of the two story building. Secure parking around back. Nice swimming pool but too cold for swimming in December. Great location with all tourist spots, bars, etc within easy walking distance. If you're looking for something fancy consider Coral and Marina or Las Rosas but for a great deal consider this one.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple