“Since I was a kid...!”

Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Los Angeles, CA
“Since I was a kid...!”
Reviewed 2 April 2008

I thoroughly read all the reviews in this column about "Casa del Sol"...a hotel that my family has been visiting since about freaking' 1972!!! And I bet you didn't even think they've been there that long! My grandfather, whose gone now, first found this little gem way back then, when he drove his '64 Chevy Impala from LA to BC, just about every summer! The "basic-look" of the property hasn't really changed much since then, but every few years or so, the owners renovate & redecorate, so there's always something new, upon my arrivals. I would have to say that the VERY LONG & OLYMPIC-SIZED swimming pool, had to have been the first one installed on the block! And to this day, it's always sparkly blue and SUPER clean! Some complained about the "street noise" in other reviews? And some said, well, what do you expect? It's literally just feet & inches away from ALL the spirit & heavenly magic that's makes up the "THE ENSENADA STRIP, aka Mateos Ave in downtown Ensenada. Ever been to the "3rd Street Promenade" of Santa Monica, CA? Carbon-copy...but with that sweet & humble Baja Flavor! So...bring ear-plugs! Something I noticed last time I was there...no need to pack your favorite bar of moldy hand soap in your cluttered overnight bag...installed in every shower, is a "Euro-Stype" gel-soap dispenser...to keep your tanned body nice & clean! The "Casa del Sol", is cute, quaint & calming...so don't expect the Bellagio or Ritz-Carlton...and you will be humbly surprised! A. Ochoa.

Stayed October 2004
1 Thank AnthonyO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
calgary
Reviewed 2 March 2008

Our company was in Ensenada with YWAM to build homes for people in the area. We stayed at the Cas Del Sol. We were extremely surprised. The beds were awesome -- hard for some in our group, but I thought they were great, pillows good too! They even had TV! There were no bugs! The bathroom and shower were spic and span! Overall an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed February 2008
los angeles
Reviewed 9 September 2007

We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Del Sol this weekend.It was very clean and close to everything in town.The only bad thing I have to say about this place was their pillows ( very bad) But again we forgot out own,so all in all a very nice place to stay!!!!!
P.S.The fish tacos are the best I have ever had!!!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2007
Dana Point, CAlifornia
Reviewed 23 April 2007

We recently stayed at the Casa del Sol in Ensenada and what an improvement ! We have stayed there in the past and they have remodeled the rooms on the ground floor and they are wonderful. Nice bathrooms and the bedroom area is very nice. Great beds, nice accessories and room # 11 is incredible. The management there is terrific. Very accomodating and Nick at the from desk speaks beautiful English. The coffee and wine bar that is attached is great also. Had a wonderful lunch there as well as breakfast the next morning.
Great location downtown and lovely people .

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
california
Reviewed 15 November 2006

They agreed to charge $75/night for a Fri/Sat and $60 for Sunday. At check out they said the conversation never took place. Charming thieves. Nice location though.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — overcharging
  • Tips/Secrets — get the deal in writing
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
Tokyo
Reviewed 23 September 2006

Looking at the high evaluations here, I made a reservation by phone. They told me that the cost of a king bed room was USD85 because of the weekend. Though I thoght it was expensive, I reserved. After reaching to the hotel, they prepared a queen room for me and the cost was the same. Also, I asked the cost again and they told me first that the cost was 75USD, until they look at the booking record. So, I thought I was deceived.

A room was ok, but old. Not as good as I expected. The pool was good, though.

As the room was very noisy at the midnight, I could't sleep very well. I heard a lot of music and deep bass the speaker made until 3 or 4am. I would say that I would never come back here again. Totally disappointed.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Noise, dishonestey of front desk
  • Tips/Secrets — Should be booked in the internet and leave the evidence
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mischil
Ensenada, B.C., Mexico
Reviewed 8 August 2006

Talk about an excellent experience.
I have stayed at Casa Del Sol on several occasions, never had cause to complain, if there is a problem they tend to address it as expeditiously as possible.
Being located so close to Ave.Lopez Mateos, the main tourist area, there is always going to be a lot of noise on weekends, particularly on Holidays, so don't expect much in the way of quiet on weekends.

As for pricing, they raise their prices, as doeas every other hotel in most tourist destinations, on Friday and Saturday as well as Holidays, a standard in the Industry. Still, their pricing remains very reasonable!

The rooms are spotless, the linens clean and you could generally eat off of the floors in the bathrooms, figuratively speaking of course.

There is complimentary coffee at the Taszas Bistro, Dreyers Ice cream at their Ice Cream parlor and excellent Tacos on the corner, and, their bar is clean and drink prices very reasonable.

All in all, an above average property, not to mention the fact that the front desk staff all speak English.

Summation, an excellent choice for a clean and reasonably priced place to stay! It is recommended that you call ahead though, their rooms go quickly to those who have stayed here previously!

Stayed June 2006