“Corona”
Review of Corona Hotel & Spa

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I and my staff stay at this hotel several times a month as we have a yacht sales office in the marina adjacent to the hotel. On occasion my wife stays there also. We have breakfast and lunch many days and have used the health club and bar. I find the hotel clean, service by all excellent and priced at a real value. Would recommend to anyone. Carl Levitetz Yates de San Diego.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl L
ElizabethBaqueiro, Director de Recepción at Corona Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Mr. Levitetz

It is an honor to have you as a frecuent guest.

I am glad to know how much you enjoyed our spa facilities and quality food.

I look forward to welcome you back in Corona Hotel & Spa!

Kind Regards

V. Elizabeth Baqueiro

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The hotel service and entire staff were excellent the beds are awesome and room was very clean. However their are no non-smoking rooms and even though the rooms are very clean as time goes on you can smell that nasty cigarette smell. Also the hotel is very old so expect a dated bathroom. The restaurant might be great for breakfast but dinner is only average. Room service out of the restaurant is only average at best and missed our drink order, promised to come back and never saw the server again. Grounds are very safe and secure but it is a very long walk to shops and restaurants. Biggest letdown for us was no coffee in rooms or in lobby only in restaurant after 7. Since we were there to fish and up early this was a real letdown.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms on north side have good view of the harbor and city.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
CORONAHOTELSPA, Front Office Manager at Corona Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations for our non smoking rooms and coffee maker.

Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and they are carefully reviewing your concerns.

We hope your return.

Kind Regards,

V. Elizabeth Baqueiro

Reviewed 27 June 2013

over the past month...we drove two times to Ensenada. first trip was strictly vacation; second trip was to look at property we were interested in purchasing.

we stayed at the Corona both times. as usual it is a top quality hotel with outstanding service. there is a free to use laptop sitting in the lobby...a wonderful restaurant (which is packed every morning for breakfast, with locals)...a large bar overlooking the water...beauty shop...spa and pool...

the excellant staff go out of their way to assist in any way possible.

in the USA a hotel of this quality would cost 2-3 times what we spend here.

i would without any hesitation recommend a stay at this hotel...to anyone...business traveler, family, or just a romantic couple looking for a great time...

Room Tip: second floor ocean view...corner room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
CORONAHOTELSPA, Director de Recepción at Corona Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Corona Hotel & Spa as host of your visits to Ensenada.

It is a pleasure to read our staff members provided a royalty service.

I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards.

V. Elizabeth Baqueiro Cordova

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Great place if you are planning to visit the amazing wine country of the Guadalupe valley. Comfortable rooms, great restaurant and bar, and close to downtown shopping. Great variety of restaurants near by too. Very helpful staff. Thanks Nacho!!

Dear Ami,

We are pleased to learn of your very positive impressions after your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Cordially,

Reviewed 25 June 2013

From the front desk staff to the bartender and restaurant staff the service was excellent! The hotel is located right on the water and close to everything. They had free wi-fi which was quite convenient so that I could work in the evenings after my meetings.
Breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was the best, what I would give for another plate of Chilaquiles!
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank Leigh M
CORONAHOTELSPA, Front Office Manager at Corona Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Leigh

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our restaurant and our staff.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit, please contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest Regards,

The Corona Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We received great reviews from our colleague to stay at this place. We were extremely hopeful and expected great service.

My colleague and I booked our room for the night of June 18th the day prior. It was a speaker phone call and I heard the conversation completely. We left my credit card information to book the reservation. Me, my other colleague and his wife were making the trip down to Baja. When we arrived on June 18, the front desk staff was rude to us, stating that we made our reservations for the night before and was insistent that we pay for it. We assured the that we had not made the arrangement and after some discussion the situation was dropped and we were given our room.

The next day, June 19, we were up early to check out, hopeful to leave by 8:30am the latest to drive 9 hours to Guerrero Negro, BCS and the man at the front desk was extremely rude and insisted that we pay for the night prior. He said that they had the phone conversation on video and it was very clear that it was an error on our part. He said that the guy who assisted us with the registration, Adrian, would be in at 9am if we want to discuss it with him. After further discussion, we told him we'll wait and that we want to see the video.

We waited for half an hour and decided to call our colleague who helped arrange the reservation. We passed my cell phone on to the guy at the front desk and he grabbed the phone and walked quickly through the staff doors to the back of the hotel. We had to chase after him... What was he going to do with our phone??

Behind those doors is the management office and my colleague retrieved my phone and spoke to the management in the office. Back there he learned that Adrian was actually not coming in today and that there wasn't a video to be found. I also called my credit card company to stop payment on any charges in addition to the night we stayed.

After 30 more minutes of waiting for the staff to resolve this issue, we decided to leave. The front desk staff who was originally rude and insistent, was apologetic and courteous. This made it more frustrating because it was obvious that this was a scheme and that we wasted one hour of valuable driving time in a state that's only safe to drive in during daylight.

Alternatively, the bellhops were very courteous.

3  Thank NicoleC01
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Spent more than two weeks at the Corona Hotel in Ensenada. The hotel served our needs perfectly. It is ideally located, close to everything. The restaurant is outstanding and the staff extremely helpful. The lobby and rooms could use a little updating, but overall, the hotel is in good shape. I will return to this hotel on my next business trip to the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joseph

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Corona Hotel & Spa exceeded your expectations.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again, please contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay.

Warmest regards,