“Dont judge a book by its cover”

San Nicolas Hotel and Casino
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 8 February 2013

What a great place. My friend set this up and I checked it out on line and was a little worried. When we got there, I was even more concerned. It didnt look the best but..... This was one of the best places I've stayed. Mainly because of how real it was. It was a little run down but in a perfect way. Its hard to explain but the atmosphere, pool, food, location was so perfect that I just cant stop talking about it. I dont care much for fancy resorts etc....I like authentic....and this was.
I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cigars-in-Paradise

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We always stop at San Nicolas when travelling to Ensenada due to the ease of making reservations, the location, and the secure parking. The hotel is just a couple blocks south of the tourist strip, so it's much quieter than other hotels. The staff is always friendly and professional and the rooms spacious and clean. This is a great place for families with the large pool and quiet location. The only complaint-one of our rooms smelled of cigarette smoke-and it was a non-smoking room. We were there for only one night, so we didn't feel the need to make room changes. We'll be back next trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I spent two nights here last weekend. Good rooms,older hotel, nice facilities - bar, pool, hot tub, restaurant . The staff is great and I often use this hotel as a launching spot for my trips to Baja. A key feature is the secure parking with a 24 hour guard. While Baja is relatively safe these days I like not having to worry about my truck or motorcycle. I sometimes leave my truck here while moto riding further down the peninsula.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ray A
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Although the hotel has good location and good service I had a terrible experience there. Unfortunately my husband and I came back full of bites from bedbugs!!!The rooms are quite old too. I do not recommend this hotel...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ane Beatriz N
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for years. Im talking over 20 years maybe 30..and ive always loved it. Its close to first street. Has a huge pool and its open late. Rooms are clean and comfy. It has privite parking and staff is great. However this is an older hotel, but although there are much newer hotels, theres something about this place that always brings us back.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

This was my first trip to Ensenada and to be honest I was a little nervous about the hotel. Fear not! The place felt safe, the room was very clean. I was very happy with the service and the room. Its not right downtown but there always a cab outside of the hotel, for about $8 they drop you off at the action. The hotel also has gated parking which I really liked also. I will be staying there again in the future :)

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Calijewel
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Everything was just fine to celebrate our Labor weekend. They gave us a price and ended up over charging us more than the price they gave us. We were checking out of the hotel, while the valet parking guy was putting our luggage and bringing our vehicle to the front. We were crossing the border, when we realized our U.S passports weren't in the glove compartment, neither were a pair of Gucci sunglasses. We called the hotel and came up with a conclusion that they couldn't do anything about the problem because the lack of evidence. NOT RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Cilla58
Travellers also viewed these Ensenada hotels
Hotel Coral & Marina
#14 of 38 in Ensenada
Best Western El Cid
Best Western El Cid
#7 of 38 in Ensenada

Been to San Nicolas Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about San Nicolas Hotel and Casino

Address: First Street and Guadalupe, Ensenada 22800, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Baja California > Baja California Norte > Ensenada Municipality > Ensenada
Casino and Gambling Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Ensenada
Price Range: £47 - £91 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — San Nicolas Hotel and Casino 3.5*
Boasting over 40 years of experience the San Nicolas Hotel & Casino in the downtown cultural center of Ensenada, Baja California gathers a convenient location and comfortable services by giving you a memorable experience where your comfort is our main goal. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Nicolas Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
San Nicolas Hotel Ensenada