Posada El Rey Sol
US$151
US$75
US$73
  • Pool
Posada Don Fernando(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$115
US$112
US$238
US$137
Official Hotel
Hotel Casa Del Sol(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$175
Priceline
All reviewsfree breakfastfast passfree margaritawelcome margaritasexcellent staystay there againhot tubhoneymoon suitehotel is centrally locatedfirst floorcross the borderbeds were comfortablestaying at this hotellocation is greatcoffee makerthe main stripsecurity guard
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Perfect location close to restaurants and bars. The hotel itself is ok...we had a room with no balcony as advertized that did not seem as nice as the rest of the rooms, the pictures on the website did not look like the room we had. The shower was not nice and the bathroom was tiny. It was definitely just a place to come sleep with no expectations of "relaxation” whatsoever. The staff was super nice and helpful especially the lady at the reception desk and the gentleman that helps with your bags, we loved them and for their exceptional service we may return. Having breakfast at the El Rey restaurant was extraordinary the food was impeccable with amazing service! I will definitely go back there and I will mention that to everybody I know. Bad note – The man at the front desk whose attitude made me not want to return to the hotel. He was so rude when inquiring on how to go about getting a better room next time and was condescending to my senior citizen mother when asking about her receipt for the room stay. Completely lacking in friendly disposition and delivery. I manage international conventions and have been in the industry for over 20 years and have never heard somebody speak this way to a customer, no matter what the situation (and there was none) there is always an appropriate way to answer a question, and it has to do with your tone and disposition, very disappointed in this man.

Room Tip: I tried to get this information from the front desk man and what I got was a rude response indicating you get what you are assigned that day take it or leave it. There is no way to know if you will get a good room so dont expect getting one when staying here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
globetrotter60, Owner at Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding most of our staff such as our receptionist and our bellboy, and the premises. It is unfortunate that you had a negative experience with what appears to be one of our receptionists. Please be advised that we do take these complaints seriously and we are looking into the matter and addressing it as needed.

Please contact us directly at info@elreysol.com to resolve this issue.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here in August 2012 for 4 nights and thought the room was clean and spacious. They didn't have any problems with our dog either. The free bottled water and in room coffee maker were also a plus. You definitely can't beat the location as it's central to all the restaurants and nearby attractions. The courtyard parking is very convenient. The staff were always friendly and helpful when asked for anything. Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mermaid555

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you enjoyed everything Ensenada has to offer. Next time take advantage of our free welcome popcorn!

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel... On one hand I feel that the room was clean and nice looking and the restaurant around the corner was very nice. But on the other hand I felt very bad about the outside looks of the grounds, buildings, and especially the pool and whirlpool. So I gave it a four circle rating because the staff was very nice and responsive and the rooms were nice. I have to say that I am dissappointed with Ensenada as a whole...We travel to mexico extremely frequently (once or twice every two months from Los Angeles) and this is the first time that Ensenada seems worn out and used up. I hope the government of the area does some drastic upgrades to area becuase it is showing age. Felt like the old hotels of Las Vagas sitting next to the Wynn or Cosmopolitian, needs to be torn down or remodeled quick.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not have the shower window pointing to a walkway...it is eye level and people could see you shower if they wanted to. Also make sure balcony Screen works and TV etc works before the conceirge leaves so he can take care of it right then...Bring plunger for toilet very low flush power!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive comments about our rooms, this past summer we focused on recarpeting and generally improving them. Presently we are re-doing our whirlpool and improving the pool area.

In regards to Ensenada, we are aware of our weaker points, and the Hotel Association of Ensenada and our government have joined efforts to improve our city. We welcome you to visit us again and try our Valle de Guadalupe where you can visit beautiful wineries with world class wines, as well as other areas.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 23 September 2012

booked online using these reviews, but the story was different when I got there..Room was nice size, lighting was poor..had to group two lights together to read. Smallest shower stall I have ever seen, I am about 160# and could not turn around with out banging my arms. Some staff did not seem familiar with the area, could not point out some well known areas, comments were in the " I think its down that way" type..At $100+ a night, not worth it..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

We are sorry you disagree with our price, but we feel that we provide our guests with other pluses such as welcome drinks, free american breakfast, free coffee and fast pass (allows for a quick re-entry to the US). In regards to our staff, they are trained to answer most questions, so we are surprised at your comment.

We would love to see you again.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My family and I stayed at Rey Sol a couple weeks ago and were completely satisfied. The service was amazing, everything was extremely clean and staff was very professional. Will definitely recommend and stay there again in the future. Plus, location is great...you can walk anywhere for any tourist attractions.

The rooms were also really nice! Loved everything from it...cute!

GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind words, we are always striving to improve our hotel and service.

We hope to see you again soon!