“Excellent Hotel!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We have driven the Baja several times, it's been hit and miss when it comes to getting a nice hotel or motel that allows pets. This hotel was great, the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was nice and clean, bed very comfortable and their French restaurant was to die for! Excellent food and service and very reasonably priced. It's an older hotel and could use some updating but it is well maintained and very clean. All in all we were extremely pleased!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank AnneMcKinty
globetrotter60, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear AnneMcKinty,

It's great to know that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel Posada El Rey Sol, we are always trying to pleased our guest! and of course our guest's pets too!

Hope to have you soon in our Hotel and in our Restaurant El Rey Sol, and thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

Reservations manager

Reviewed 19 June 2013

For people expecting a grand resort, this is not your place. For others, like me, looking for a place with affordable prices, a great location, and unexpected perks, this is the hotel you are looking for.

Upon arrival, we got a free hour of margaritas. Each morning came with a complementary breakfast discount from one of the best restaurants in Ensenada, just across the street. Last but not least, the concierge gave us a fast pass permit to cross the border back into the US in less than 25min! (would have taken us about two hours in line if not for this)

Besides these cool perks, Posada el Rey Sol is also located at the heart of Ensenada's tourist attractions. The rooms are clean and well equipped. In terms of safety, let's just say that my friends and I had no problems walking to and from nearby stores and bars regardless of the time of the day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jj_galvezsm

Thanks a lot for your great review, we always make and extra effort to have our guest very happy! That is why we offer a breakfast in one of the best restaurants in Ensenada, "El Rey Sol", one-free-hour of Margaritas, all you can drink!! and of course our Fast Pass which is included on your rate and you will be crossing the border in 25 minutes or less, don't forget to ask for it at your check-out! we are one of the few hotels in Ensenada that have this service.

Once again, thanks for your review and hope to have you back soon in Posada El Rey Sol!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We've stayed here several times. The welcome this time was friendly and warm. We like that our pooch is also welcomed. The hotel is clean, comfortable, completely safe and the rooms are attractive. For a mid range choice, located steps from the harbour, shops and restaurants, you can't do better than the El Rey Sol

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ZLI

Thanks a lot for your awesome review!
We are the only pet-friendly hotel in Ensenada and the reason is because we love pets! and we understand that they need our company as much as we need their.

Hope to have you and your pooch back soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I will like to give my opinion I really recommend this place it really nice, I stayed in the Jr. suite will really nice, only thing they said there would be a bottle of wine in the room but no it was not, all we got was the 1hr margarita, and sure thing they said the price was 154 dlls but when I got charge it was 164 dlls. but other than that the place very clean, and the personell there is very professional they really help out good. And the free breakfast they offer is very good to the restaurant is very nice and really good food I truly recommend it. so me and my husband were very satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Betzy,

Thanks a lot for your good review, we will take in mind the situation and make sure this won't happen again so you or any other guest can have a 100% great experience at our hotel!

We hope to have you back once again sometime here at Posada El Rey Sol.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend 05/31/13,for the baja 500 the location was great very centrally located and the staff was super friendly they did everything they could to accommodate to our needs!! My reservation had actually been cancelled and I called and they kept my reservation!! The room was clean and very spacious!! The price was good very inexpensive for what all you get!! I will surely be staying here again on my next trip to Ensenada!!
**Suzie**

Room Tip: the corner room facing the front was great because it had a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Rodrigo R, Director de Recepción at Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Dear Azucena R,

I appreciate you taking part of your time to write a review here on trip advisor, and I thank you for choosing Hotel Posada El Rey Sol as your place to stay during your visit to Ensenada.

I'm glad you found the hotel of your liking, and that our staff was corteous to you. Also I'm glad that your reservation was kept for it is hard to try to get a room during any of the Baja events in town.

Thank you once again for your comment. We look forward to have you at our hotel soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Upon arrival, there was a mix up with the type of room that I requested. However, the manager, Rodrigo, immediately corrected it without inconveniencing my wife and I. I was immediately impressed with his willingness to make it right. Our room was nicely acquainted, clean, and felt very secure. Everything I wanted for a hotel in Ensenada. The additional perks are what elevated this hotel to five stars.

Upon check-in, my wife and I were given two free welcome margaritas from the hotel bar. Additionally, the included breakfast from El Rey Del Sol restaurant was certainly more than what was expected. Service, ambiance, and food were all excellent there for breakfast. Although we didn't use the parking lot at the hotel, it would certainly be useful had we driven to Ensenada. And finally, we were left highly impressed with all of the onsite hotel staff. The gentleman that helped with our bags (sorry, I did not get his name) was so helpful throughout the entire weekend. I wanted to point that out to the hotel.

The location of the hotel is perfect. It is just far enough away from the large bars in Ensenada to be away from the chaos, but close enough to easily walk there should you want to partake. You can see the bay from the hotel and you are within about a 5 minute walk from anywhere in downtown Ensenada that you'd like to go. Really it's the ideal location.

Lastly, I sincerely appreciated Rodrigo's willingness to arrange a tour of the wine country for us. He connected us with a wonderful guide who gave us more than our money's worth. All in all, I could not have asked for more from this hotel. I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Levi R

Dear Levi R,

It's the best of my day to login onto tripadvisor and find such a comment here, I really enjoy reading that someone left our facilities and really got the best of it.

It is our duty to make you feel at home, therefore we always try to give all of our guests their best experience ever, thus doing all we can to make everything perfect. I'm glad you've enjoyed our bar, as well as our restaurant and that you liked the location.

There are far more activities to do here in Ensenada, such as: Whale watching ( December - March ), Yellowfin sea aquarium ( All year round ), Scuba Diving at la Bufadora ( Summer ), Canopy tour at las canadas ( All year round ), Surfing ( All year round ), Sport Fishing ( All year round ), Score's Intl. Baja 250, 500 and 1000.

Once again, thank you for such a nice review, and I will make sure to let all of our staff know about your feelings towards their service. I hope to see you here once again on your next visit to Ensenada.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Overall this hotel is about a 2.5 - They have a good location which is within walking distance of the main bars of Ensenada (1 point). They offer a fast lane pass to get you back across the border (1 point). The staff is friendly and helpful (0.5 points). The overall room, however, is not that great and the walls are really thin. For example, when anyone uses the restroom, the pipes rattle and the subsequent noise produced is really loud. The bed is firm as well so this issue, coupled with noisy pipes, made it really hard to sleep. I also realize that this is a budget hotel so if you are out to party and do not plan on sleeping then this place would be just swell! I wish I could give this hotel a higher rating and I did feel relatively safe. There is a parking lot for cars, but it is not locked or gated. I didn't see anyone monitoring the lot while we were there either. I wouldn't say the parking constitutes a "secured" parking lot for Ensenada. We will probably opt for a hotel that has gated and/or valet parking the next time around.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JJ16,

First of all allow me to thank you for taking part of your time to write this review, and most of all for staying at our facilities during your visit to Ensenada.

I'm glad you liked our location, as well as the advantage of having a fast lane pass to travel back into the united states.

In regards to the rooms, I'm sorry it wasn't what you expected, however allow me to say we are in constant renovation and maintenance and surely this noise issue has already been fixed. As for the parking lot, we have a security guard on duty 24 hour a day, and a fully equiped surveillance system all through our facilities.

We hope to have you back once again sometime here at Posada El Rey Sol.