“Too many ants (in room) to be good”

Estero Beach Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I understand that this is a perfect accommodation for families with children: secure and secluded location with a swimming pool where you can leave your children and forget about them for all day. And probably the rooms with pool or ocean view are good.
I stayed in a parking view room with a lot of ants in the bathroom and all around and a bathroom that could not be acceptable even for a low profile motel. And the WiFi didn't work in room, you have to go in the corridor.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean or pool view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marco_mazzei

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Have been going there for the last 12 years (but were too afraid to go the last 5-6 yrs because of the media stories around TJ etc.). We've stayed in both the hotel villas and the RV resort - this place is awesome. The grounds & location are beautiful & well-maintained. The restaurant is fabulous & all the staff were great especially Carlos who worked with the manager to get us a dedicated cab to take us to a few of the fabulous wineries (I'll write a separate review for Yellow Cab - our drive also Carlos - first class). At no time did we ever feel unsafe when we crossed the border. Will be going back soon.

Room Tip: Ocean front RV spots are fantastic altho' all are 30 amp but weather is so mild you don't ne...
1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

It has been 1 year since I last stayed at Estero Beach Resort. There have been many upgrades to the common grounds and rooms. Staff is very friendly and fast. The resort is on the south end of Ensenada located on the beach. Since I was trailering two motorcycles I selected this hotel for its great security. I thought the $145 usd for a king bed room was high...since this is low season for the hotel. Everything was going well until the morning shower...no hot water. Let water run for 20 minutes and nada ( nothing ).

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've been visiting Ensenada for almost a decade now and Estero Beach for the last 4 or 5 years. Since my last visit some time last year, the hotel has improved immensely. Their rooms were revamped and now feature air conditioning. The landscaping was very well taken care of. They now have increased 24 hour security. Best of all was the improved breakfast buffet which has got to be one of the best we've eaten ever. Service was as great as ever. They will continue to receive our patronage.

Vargas family

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I booked two days and though I am dissapointed at the service (the sink was clugged, the no towels, the AC didn't work, and I was oversharged, so I had to spend time fixing that), I would say the location is great; especially for Ensenada; next to the beach with awesome views. I would give it a five, but the staff overlooks simple stuff. They need to be more tentative; for being called a resort, I expected that. There were a lot of empty beer cans around the jacuzzi, and the bathroom was not cleaned the second day. Also, don't expect a receipt upon check out as they say they don't give you one exept for the handwritten one you get upon cheking in.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool have an excellent view, though you have to deal with some noice.
2  Thank wcooper4
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My family and I spent the weekend at this Resort. Booked through Expedia the day before stay. It is out of the way and a little tricky to find. But it is near a lot of things like Walmart and SAM's Club. Everything went well at check in as it took less than 5 minutes, Porters helps us with our bags from the parking lot. (Where one checks in is quite far from where your room is The room was not modern but very comfortable (two Queens) and spacious (No Flat screen TVs or expansive Digital Program in English - No ESPN/CNN in English). We had a 2nd floor room facing the pool with a balcony and it provided a lovely view. Everyone from resort was very hospitable and friendly. When I needed direction, they steered me in the right direction. Spas were hot and my kids say the pool was fun. Plenty of seating and had couple of bars, (1 in the pool). Parking was close by, but no elevators. (But not necessary for two story building). It seemed many of the people we encountered had stayed there before. My only disappointment was with the Beach. While there were many Beach activities, the beach was small and to be honest, uninviting (the very opposite of the Pool area). The restaurant food was good, but the menu for lunch and dinner was the same. For those who like sushi, there was a sushi bar in the restaurant. Good News was there was a lot of Eateries within 20 minutes of the hotel if you had a car (along with an excellent movie theater with movies for those who need to see them in English). All in all we had a very,very pleasant stay there. One other point, Ensenada was not very hot in June (AZ was 117 and Ensenada was 80), so pool and Beach water was a bit chilly (it seemed to stop no one from swimming in the pool or enjoying the hot tubs)...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I loved this hotel. I went with my girlfriend for a get away and hit the wineries on the way home. We had a ocean front room which we loved! The pool rooms are nice as well but you have to listen to the kids play. The restaurant is good a lot of American and Mexican entrees to choice from. Service is wonderful. Everyone is very friendly. Bring your fishing pole! Great fishing wall and beach right there. Seals playing in the water. I cant wait to go back! Wineries are a must. Your missing out if you haven't been yet. VERY safe and comfortable. You feel like your in Sonoma! Easy day trip from San Diego.

Room Tip: Ocean not pool if you want peace and quite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends