“Best place to stay in Ensenada”

Estero Beach Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years. For six years we have come here to stay
at the hotel and enjoy everything they have to offer, The rooms are beautiful ocean view,
swimmingpools and spas. The ocean is clean, prestine beaches everything you would want to play in water....Love it.... You can catch fish and bring cleaned fish to resturant they will prepare
anyway you want. Everyone is friendly and very attentive. Its absolutely breathtaking....
I love this place so much and so close to San Diego I purchase a home here.
Hope you come visit soon will not be dissappointed ever.

Room Tip: The Maya building is best
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank terri g

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I planned a last minute trip down to Ensenada for the weekend. We decided to stay at Estero Beach. I have not been to this hotel in about 17 years, when there was a big volleyball tournament there. We got an ocean front King Suite in the Maya building. The room was large and clean. For the price of $110 I thought it was a good value. There were ants in our room, especially in the bathroom. It looks like our room had been remodeled at some point. The bed was comfortable.
The pool was a little cold so the hot tubs were packed. Too many people for me. There was a sign that said no kids under 6 in the hot tub, but many people were bringing their small children in there. There is no longer any real beach on the ocean, it washed away years ago and the hotel has put up a fence so you cannot get to it. This place used to be a fun place to stay...it seems like it is more for local families now. But considering the other lodging options in the region, this hotel seems a pretty good value. I am not sure why there are not any newer, well maintained chain hotels in Ensenada. Most hotels are old, over priced and not well maintained. I used to work in Ensenada and there are not many options.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PBLiving
Reviewed 8 October 2013

If you plan a trip to visit this specific resort, you are going to be very disappointed. We visited for the day from our cruise boat. The pool is filled with kids, stinks of chemicals, and the service is non existent. I can understand local mexican families visiting, but otherwise this run down resort has no place in terms of consideration for others visiting as a destination, even for the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xjensen
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Been here before forgot how run down it is and for the prices $150 a nite seriously need to use money to do some upgrades n remodeling. Will not be back anytime soon. Food horrible n ants galore!! Shower seriously to shower is to have water come out!! Took me like hour for regular shower absolutely no water pressure.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Janandrea2
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had read the reviews warning us of ants, so we tried preventing any problems by picking a second floor room. We even packed a can of Raid as a last-resort measure (my husband is mildly allergic to ant bites). Nothing could have prepared us for the army that awaited us. I sprayed all of the usual entry points. Still, when we returned from dinner, we saw the conga line streaming in from the ceiling and encircling our shoes and toiletries. I sprayed a perimeter around our possessions, but had to cede ground to the army in the bathroom - clearly they had contingency plans for all possible entry points. On the good side, the pool looked charming and the restaurant had lovely views for your morning coffee. The room itself was also reasonably clean and quiet, albeit slightly outdated (and with finicky door locks). Overall, a reasonable place to stay by the sea in Mexico, as long as you don't mind a family/army/horde of ants sharing your room.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 9 September 2013

While driving north toward Ensenada with dusk approaching we decided the Estero Beach might offer good relief to our road weariness. First impressions were good, though to call it a resort might be stretching it as much of the beach has disappeared and what remains is fairly small, wedged in between to stone walls. Our ocean view room was spacious. As there were not many guests we stayed in the delightful bar area for dinner rather than the BIG PROBLEM was the INVASION OF ANTS in the middle of the night - awoke to an army of ants TAKING OVER one of our suitcases --- we discarded some of our dirty clothes because there were simply too many ants to deal with.

All in all, it would have been a pleasant , relaxing stay, for the night had it not been for the ants.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank collins_p
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My best friend was here in Ensenada and I took her to my favorite restaurant at the Estero Beach,the food is great, I love my chile relleno plate, and the have the best mix drinks, and the best ocean view. The waiters are very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends