“Great location!”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Edmonton, Canada
“Great location!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed there in November and the hotel was very quiet. The room had a pool view and was a good size with 2 double beds, the bathroom was however in need of renovation but clean. The location is great with a small beach nearby. The kids loved the pools and the property is very nicely landscaped. The check in/out was quick and painless.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank paripoh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was a little torn about this place. On the one hand, I love that the hotel is located about 10 mins drive from downtown Ensenada, far from the hustle and bustle. But we had a hard time finding the darn place on our first night. The instructions on the website were wrong (there is no AM/PM at the Pemex gas station, actually a 7eleven). Nevertheless, the area was quiet and peaceful. Our rooms was located on the first floor so our patios open to the pool area. I thought the food was incredible (order the Machaca Sonora style for breakfast! and the Mexican coffee was lovely too.) Breakfast cost about $50 for 4 people. Sure they work for tips but I thought the staff were very attentive and really go out of your way to feel like you are an honored guest.

Now the downer - rooms were outdated. There were mold stains (granted they were not actual mold) on our bathroom door. No ants though but maybe bec we came in Nov. Our shower tub had cracks on them. Walls are paper thin - my husband wasnt able to sleep one night because we can hear the TV next door!

Will we come back to this hotel? Maybe. But I will come back during non-peak season to enjoy the location and the peace and quiet, which are the redeeming qualities of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Roushel
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have been to Estero Beach Resort twice in the last year with a group and have had exceptional service. From the registration, dinner details and the rooms all have been great. After being on a missions trip each time being in Ensenada, Estero Beach was a great place to relax. The pool, hot tub, walkway along the ocean, all made the stay very pleasurable. We have enjoyed going so much, we are bringing our staff for a company trip in April. The rooms were nice and had a great view. I'm looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank BMcFly58
Santee, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years. For six years we have come here to stay
at the hotel and enjoy everything they have to offer, The rooms are beautiful ocean view,
swimmingpools and spas. The ocean is clean, prestine beaches everything you would want to play in water....Love it.... You can catch fish and bring cleaned fish to resturant they will prepare
anyway you want. Everyone is friendly and very attentive. Its absolutely breathtaking....
I love this place so much and so close to San Diego I purchase a home here.
Hope you come visit soon will not be dissappointed ever.

Room Tip: The Maya building is best
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank terri g
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I planned a last minute trip down to Ensenada for the weekend. We decided to stay at Estero Beach. I have not been to this hotel in about 17 years, when there was a big volleyball tournament there. We got an ocean front King Suite in the Maya building. The room was large and clean. For the price of $110 I thought it was a good value. There were ants in our room, especially in the bathroom. It looks like our room had been remodeled at some point. The bed was comfortable.
The pool was a little cold so the hot tubs were packed. Too many people for me. There was a sign that said no kids under 6 in the hot tub, but many people were bringing their small children in there. There is no longer any real beach on the ocean, it washed away years ago and the hotel has put up a fence so you cannot get to it. This place used to be a fun place to stay...it seems like it is more for local families now. But considering the other lodging options in the region, this hotel seems a pretty good value. I am not sure why there are not any newer, well maintained chain hotels in Ensenada. Most hotels are old, over priced and not well maintained. I used to work in Ensenada and there are not many options.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank PBLiving
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 October 2013

If you plan a trip to visit this specific resort, you are going to be very disappointed. We visited for the day from our cruise boat. The pool is filled with kids, stinks of chemicals, and the service is non existent. I can understand local mexican families visiting, but otherwise this run down resort has no place in terms of consideration for others visiting as a destination, even for the day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xjensen
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Been here before forgot how run down it is and for the prices $150 a nite seriously need to use money to do some upgrades n remodeling. Will not be back anytime soon. Food horrible n ants galore!! Shower seriously to shower is to have water come out!! Took me like hour for regular shower absolutely no water pressure.

• Stayed September 2013