“Must Go To Resort!”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Sacramento, California
“Must Go To Resort!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Didn't realize this place was so popular...stayed in room 324. They also have RV camping (cheap).It's a gated resort with a view of seals and dolphins! I was there just recently when the seals just had pups..It is sooooo beautiful, I didn't want to leave. They have a museum, also bike and kayak rentals..They have a tennis court also, which is in better condition than some of the courts I've played on in California. It's on an ocean inlet where you can catch all sorts of fish. I met the daytime bartender at the restaurant and bar. His name is Miguel, who is a laugh a minute. He speaks perfect english and spanish. I developed a special bond with him and he helped me with my spanish. He also gave me the ins and outs of the area. From the bar you have a view of the water with a sand bar where the seals bask in the sun, until the tide comes in. Plenty of outdoor seating as well. The sand bar disappears, but the seals move across the water to the Island where they can still be seen with their pups. They have fishing cabanas that protrude into the inlet..I did try my luck at fishing when the tide came up. I didn't have too good of luck, but people around me were catching fish. They also have a beautiful pool with a bar in the center of it..What a great place.
I drove my Mercedes down and had concerns about parking in the streets of Ensenada. I've heard stories about Mexico. I was pleasantly surprised after a few days of driving around Ensenada. It is NOTHING like the stories I've heard. The people are genuine beautiful people. They are very helpful and honest even though they don't have wealth, they're wealthy in culture and honesty. I love the people there! I feel totally comfortable down there. There are Wal-marts, Home depots and all the fast food restaurants that you see in the states. Including Applebees'. I can see myself retiring there! The cost of living is incredible..
You don't have to leave Estero beach if you don't want to. They have everything you need. If you visit there, be sure to ask for Miguel at the restaurant, tell him Nick from California said hi!! I can't stress enough what a wonderful place it is....Meeting Miguel was one of my highlights of the trip...I welled up with tears as I was leaving to go back home...

Room Tip: There is RV camping with a view of the water and lagoon. There are rooms on the beach with great vie...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Jack B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Estero is located right on the water in Ensenada. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. There is a nice pool, restaurant and often live music on the weekends. It is about 15 minutes south of downtown Ensenada. There are regular hotel rooms, some that surround the pool, and other "suites" that are separate from the hotel which will allow pets. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: The oceanfront suites have sliding glass doors that lead to your own patio with an ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hydee M
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Two friends who were visiting us from England said they wanted to go to see a bit of Mexico for a few days. We took them to stay at this hotel for 2 nights and they were in heaven. You feel like you are in a different world as soon as you drive into the grounds. We had rooms 108 and 109 beautifully furnished, very large with a patio that had a view straight out onto the ocean. We sat at the water front restaurant /bar with margaritas and watched the sunsets, we swam in the pool and luxuriated in the jucazzi. The food and the service was great. They even opened up the museum and gave us a private tour as it was officially closed on that day. Make sure you visit the museum it's really worth it. We left for our wine tour feeling relaxed and very happy. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will certainly be back.
Maggie and Alf Hope

Room Tip: The Mayan rooms are facing the ocean with big patios.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank maggie h
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Wow! We had room 108, beautifully furnished and a fantastic large tiled deck looking over the ocean. Great ocean side restaurant and friendly staff. We stayed one night on our way to San Jose and would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Galiano22
Palmdale, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Overall it was a good place to stay. It's right next to the beach and the view of it is fantastic. Nice pool and the buffet was delicious. There was music in the evening. The bar is good. We will definitely stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lindar764
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have stayed here during road trips thru Baja for years. Built in the 50s, it shows some age, but the location cannot be beat on an estuary coming off the Pacific Ocean. Marvelous sunrises.
The signage from Route 1 (Reforma) is great - hard to get lost.
Gated and guarded 24/7, this hotel has wonderful off-street parking, great restaurant and sushi bar (open some nights).
Reservations taken in advance, but I have never seen the hotel sold out (perhaps excepting Baja race days). Popular with vacationing locals as well as So Calif visitors as it is so close to San Diego.

Room Tip: We choose the cottages as they permit dogs. The rest of the hotel is not open to pets. Cottages ha...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MotoSue
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The property is 15 minutes South of port of Ensenada. The drive to the property were a little sketchy, you have to go through some rundown neighborhoods. As I made my final turn to the property, i was greeted by a a nicely manicure entrance with security gate, you then drive down this long driveway to the office for check in, then you proceed to another security gate to get onto the resort property. The resort has a Mayan theme with a awesome view of the pacific ocean and surrounding landscape. The rooms are dated and in need of an upgrade but the overall property is very nice. There is a launch ramp next to the resort for boats and jet skis, there is a inlet great for jet skiing. The restaurant has good food and is reasonable. I would definitely go back again

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool have ocean view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family