“Best value in Ensenada, gorgeous view from every room.”

Las Rosas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Chicago, Illinois
“Best value in Ensenada, gorgeous view from every room.”
Reviewed 16 December 2010

This hotel has every room facing out to the ocean, and a gorgeous pool and fire pit area. The restaurant is known to be the best hotel restaurant in the area. The rooms haven't been remodeled in a while, but was done very tastefully and is very well kept. Many would think the hotel is much younger than it's actual age of 25 years old. The only downside is how close it is to the main highway. The rooms that have the beds on the oceanside are well insulated from the sound, but some rooms may have traffic noise. If you are looking for a gorgeous getaway at a great price, this is the place!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NCMI-Ann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Saw the reviews and then did a 3 nite special off their website. It was very easy to get to off the main highway. The balcony over the pools and breaking surf were all you could ask for on the coast. They allowed you a late breakfast with the package and you choose out of 3 options. It was also well located for running into Ensanada or going the other direction to the wine valley. It was sad that such a beautiful place at a great price was 2/3 empty no doubt because of news from other parts of Mexico. We were actually told at the SD tourist offfice that they were supposed to advise not to go to Mexico. When we said we have common sense and we were going they had some good maps etc. of Ensanada. Drive down was easy and pretty but being careful we just drove thru TJ. I am still at a loss to firgue out why no Mexican wines in the midwest because the wineries in the valley rival Sonoma for quality and beauty.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Hesperia, California
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The room and service was as good as expected. Only ate breakfast the last day and it was very good. This is not 5 star vegas type room. But the views from your balcony are 5++ stars. The room was a solid 4 by mexican resort standards. I will return when the chance occurs, and think it is by far the best deal in Ensenada.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank turbo609
Tijuana, Mexico
Reviewed 11 May 2010

My husband and I were in search for a hotel in Ensenada due to a family reunion. I have stayed in many hotels in Ensenada due to most of my family living there, however I had never stayed at a higher end hotel do to the fear of being treated like a tourist with a big dollar sign on my forehead. However, this time we threw caution to the wind and decided to stay at Las Rosas since the newer Coral was completely booked. We were first surprised by the price for a boutique hotel; at only $103 a night including taxes I thought it was great. We arrived very late on our first night but were pleasantly greeted by the attendant, who had everything ready for us, and we also received complimentary margaritas which we thoroughly enjoyed while sitting in our balcony enjoying the awesome ocean view from our room and even though it was nighttime you instantly felt relaxed. The room was very clean aside from a few scratches on the bathroom door, the king size bed was firm but soft and the linens were very comfortable and clean white including the comforter, the carpet was also clean. We decided to go the gym early the next morning and were also pleasantly surprised by the size, cleanliness and attention to details like fresh towels and drinking water. The equipment was a little outdated but the treadmills, and elliptical machines served its basic purpose. Afterwards we had our breakfast outside and were also greeted by very courteous staff, breakfast was delicious and we received amazing complimentary mimosas. I was so happy with the service that I convinced two more of my relatives to come and stay at Las Rosas knowing me and my persnickety tastes they agreed right away and were just as pleased and surprised. We all had the buffet the following morning and received a discount with the children’s breakfast. I have stayed at many hotels through out Mexico, however I was most taken back by the staff at this hotel, they truly want to serve for the purpose of serving they do it with a smile but at no time do you feel they do this for the tips, of course they would also like your returning business it is understood, but you do not feel that underlying neediness or groveling that I have almost unfortunately expected from staff at many of the hotels I have stayed at and that has spoiled many a vacation for me in the past. They truly respect the business of hospitality while respecting themselves, they feel like naturals and this balance is very difficult to come by. This will be the hotel I stay at every time I come to Ensenada.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed 1 February 2010

After a week of Spanish immersion school at Baja California Language College (big thumbs up for that) and staying with a host family in the city, we were ready for a relaxing weekend on the coast - Las Rosas was just the thing. I really do think it's the best resort in Ensenada. Situated on the cliffs, overlooking the coast with the waves crashing and smell of sea air, we immediately were relaxed. The room was beautiful, clean, spacious and modern, with super comfy beds and airy duvets (no scratchy Mexican blankets here).

The service was impeccable – everything we asked for was delivered in minutes. We wanted to chill a bottle of champagne that we bought earlier that day at L.A. Cetto winery (thumbs up for them, too), but the ice machine was broken - no problem; we called down to the front desk, and they immediately brought up a bucket filled wih ice. They also brought up a hairdyer later on, when the little one in our room wasn't working.

The infinity pool and large super-deep jacuzzi overlooking the ocean are beautiful. My only complaint is (as other reviewers have noted) that the pool is not heated. When I brought this up to hotel management and mentioned that the website says the pool is heated, they informed me that it is heated "by the sun." The sun wasn't having much impact on the pool on this January weekend - I went in a couple times at the insistence of my kids, but it was as frigid as a mountain stream. Along the same line, the hot tub could be a little warmer, too (they said it was set on a timer, and it was fine when the timer came on), but it was still very enjoyable. There’s a nice fitness center, tennis court and spa, and if the tide is low, good tide pools to explore. It would be a great place to stay either with kids, a spouse or group of friends.

We had a great winter weekend package rate for 2 nights for $225 that included complimentary welcome margaritas and complimentary breakfast for 2 both mornings (upon request, they upgraded us to the large double room, which had a sepate bed in another small room off the bedroom). I was expecting a standard continental breakfast of cereal, toast and juice, but was vey pleasantly surprised to learn we had our choice of omelets and other hot breakfast items, along with fresh-squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee. I'd highly recommend the huevos rancheros and the omelet (I’d pass on the chilaquiles). A surfer I ran into said that if you come for dinner, you have to try the Caesar salad – they hand make the dressing and salad at your table, and it’s a spectacular production that lasts 10 minutes. Overall, a fabulous place to stay for a weekend beach get-away.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank SDTraveler01
los angeles
Reviewed 8 October 2009

resort is beautiful and clean. The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable about the area. They provided great recommendation for restaurants. We went to santos, a hacienda steakhouse with a great garden. It was so good we went twice during our stay. Ons-ite parking had a guard walking around 24 hrs, we felt super comfortable.

The hotel has all the amenities, including an infinity pool next to the pacific ocean. Our room had 1 full bedroom, which was a great set-up with kids.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We got tipped off to this great Ensenada hotels by friends in Vicente Guerrero farther down the Baja, and they were right about this hotel. We got a great deal and had rooms on the first floor overlooking the pool and the Pacific Ocean. Since the hotel was about half full, it seemed like we had the place to ourselves. The pool was great with an island for the kids to play King of the Castle on but the hot tub (for 10) was even better. Everyone enjoyed sitting in the hot tub looking out over the ocean as the sun set.

We stayed only for one night and day but thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The service level was high and everyone was very friendly. I would recommend this to anyone as our kids loved the pool and also our family nature walk down below in the rocks.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family