“Pleasant staff and reasonable rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Marina

Villa Marina
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pleasant staff and reasonable rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2006

Our NSGW group stayed for four days and we had a real good time. They have a real nice breakfast and the staff is friendly and co-operative. We basically needed a place to stay, sleep and shower. TV was good with lots of channels, some en english and the view was spectacular. Not a lot of frills, but quite nice. Thanks Amigo Bob and Steve and the rest of the folks that made it possible.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2005

A simple message for all, PLEASE FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY. I visited Ensenada for a wedding we attended, and stayed only one night. Thank God because it was terrible. The rooms smelled musty, curtains torn, no remote for the T.V. and the "On" button was pushed in. The matteres& box spring on the bed were stained with blood or some type of fluid. The carpet was sticky, I was afraid to walk barefoot in the room. You can hear all the traffic at night so unless you're drunk you will get any sleep. The elevators are old and small. The shower/Tub was moldy. I did however have one positive experience, this was the breakfast in the Hotel's restaurant. It was very good. My advice, find another hotel, I hear Hotel Corona is ok. Good luck, please be warned, I read the reviews before I went and didn't listen.

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Ensenada hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2004

OUR TRIP TO THE VILLA MARINA:

The 'never-cleaned' curtains had holes in them ...didn't have to open......couldn't sleep all night from all the street traffic below ....no sprinklers in the room....black alge on the tile in the shower.....my shoes stuck to the carpet......room smelled of mildew.....mattress made noises of cardboard when I got into bed....not to mention I was scratching all night....(no-see ems) ........... no English on the TV......no cable.....The chairs around the pool were all in some state of dirt and disrepair.........all in all you couldn't pay me to stay in this dump again....I spoke to others that felt the same way...AND THEY HAD DIFFERENT PRICES FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE...be warned!!!..STAY FAR, FAR AWAY!!!

• Stayed April 2004
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2003

We loved our hotel. They had rooms last minute for us, we went in a group, and they gave us rooms all right next to each other. For the price we payed, the rooms were very nice. Located near enough to where we could walk the strip, but we were away from all the noise. I definately plan on staying there for my next visit.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member