“Clean room but lacks elsewhere”

Hotel Hacienda Bajamar
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

It was my first time in Mexico so I did not know what really to expect but I cannot give this "resort" more than two stars. The real problem was the room I had. I read the TA reviews before booking and they are all over the place. I did not want to go to Ensenada because it was 15 miles south of where I needed to be. I later learned that off-road racers were headning en mass to Ensenada for the Baja 500.

The room was clean but it was NOT updated. The shower is in need of some serious attention as the water pressure was extremely low. Same for the shower. The bed was far too hard and my back let me know that. There is no in-room coffee service. There is no ironing board nor was there an iron. The HVAC remote control was a lesson in technology and I am even into gadgets but this thing was a royal pain to use. I finally gave up after 10 minutes of trying to make it work as desired.

On the other hand the restaurant was pretty good.I had breakfast and dinner there twice. The service was very good and the food above average. Pricing was reasonable. There is a bar bit I did not try it. Golf? I don't, so I cannot comment. The exterior appear to be fairly well maintained. I was told the place has been here since the 70's and for that age, it looks pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tech-trekker
golfbajamarhotel, Director of Sales at Hotel Hacienda Bajamar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

We thank you for your review. We hope to have you here next year, we are going to remodel bathrooms at the end of this year.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

While visiting Baja we stopped at this beautiful place. From the Main highway, Scenic Highway to Ensenada, it looks like a private golf course community, however, the Hotel and wonderful restaurant are open to the public. Bajamar is a lovely community with a Colonial atmosphere.. The hotel rooms have been remodeled, clean and very spacious. The architecture makes you believe you are in an old colonial building with large courtyard and lovely flowers and landscape. We ate at the Dos Lagos Restaurant with great customer service an delicious reasonably priced meals. The waiters made us feel at home. Dos Lagos Restaurant has live music on Friday nights with a great entertainer :Miguel Rey. We ate, laugh and dance the night away. We highly recommend the Hacienda Bajamar Hotel and Dos Lagos Restaurant.

Room Tip: When you check in just ask for "The Best Suite in the House". The clerk laugh but we got...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marga W
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed here with my husband and friends. Purpose of the trip was golfing. Not a lot to do if you are not a golfer. Restaurant was okay. I had a tortilla soup which was fine. Prices for rooms a bit much especially since the furniture looks dated. Rooms were clean but not very nice. Will not be returning to this hotel. Staff though were friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Angelica S
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed at the resort recently for a wedding. Grounds were clean and well kept, 27 holes of golfing. Staff were friendly, but lacked the level of a true oceanfront resort. Food was below average but were forced to eat at the only restaurant (in the golf club), as there was nothing else around. Hotel rooms were average, clean, nothing luxury about them. Pool area left alot to be desired. The strange thing was the beautiful hacienda style is poor design. Most all rooms face the center courtyard of the hotel and every noise is hear day (and all hours of the night). So go to Bajamar for a round of golf. I wouldnt return for anything more. Food, amenities and quiet were mediocre at best.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room 2nd floor that doesnt face the interior courtyard, unless you want to be up up m...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Ed P
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I've been going to Bajamar for nearly 20 years and it never disappoints. Like most places in the Tijuana-Ensenada corridor, it's been struggling. However, the golf course is still kept is great shape, and hotel and course staff are very friendly and appreciative of your business. The hotel has always been 3-star at best -- the rooms are clean and serviceable and the bar and restaurant are solid. Thus, if you're looking for luxury or a romantic get-a-way, then head to the Coral Y Marina in Ensenada. But if you're looking for a weekend golf get away with the guys, Bajamar is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank danielatowson
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We had a chance to spend the night at the hotel after a wedding reception. I had been there in the mid seventies, when the hotel and restaurant was just opening. it was then a first rate operation.
It now shows its age, with the fixtures, carpeting well worn and the furniture quite dated. The service was mediocre, and amenities non existent. A dispensing machine for general personal items although plugged into the wall, had no electricity and when the staff was questioned about the inability to purchase what was needed, did try to reach someone in the general offices, who retorted that "sorry it does not work".
Additionally, there is no elevator.
Perhaps if one is in for the golf, the remainder may not matter, however, were it not for the distance to Ensenada, one would be better served at a local hotel.
For what it offers, it is extremely expensive. Other than for the size of the rooms, it has no better amenities then a Motel 6.
Avoid if possible!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank corisco7444
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I stayed with my husband. We were upset when we do the check in cause the hotel is out of the city closer to the north than to ensenada.
The golf was so nice. His swing in hole 7 was amaizing! He took few lessons with the pro pshaw.
In the restaurant the mexican nachos and fajitas and margaritas was ... mmm.
I had a surprise experience but there was my fault when I left the balcony opened when we went out. A squirrel was in my room!!! There was so scary.The hotel is in the middle of the camp, I`ll never forget it!!

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple