“best octopus I have ever had”

Mahi-Mahi Restaurant de Mariscos en el Mapa
Ranked #20 of 319 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Seafood, Mexican
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: We had an excellent meal with our family, and the atmosphere was outstanding!
San Diego, California
“best octopus I have ever had”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Being a seafood lover I have try octopus everywhere, being the best a la tinta in Veracruz, so I went on a business dinner to Mahi Mahi in Ensenada and the waiter told me they have good octopus so I order it. It was the best octopus I have ever had, a whole garlic octopus on top of rice, since then, I been driving to Ensenada every week from SD to eat it.

The service is great, the drinks are great and the price is very good. Lots of parking available, since the crowded restaurant area is kind of conflicted to park.

• Visited August 2013

Ensenada
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The first time I went to Mahi Mahi, everything was amazing! Excellent food and the service was outstanding. The subsequent times I have gone they have been (a) out of everything I asked for, (b) everything was too salty, or (c) some of the food was over cooked and dry.
Why do I keep going back you might ask? The location is great, the service is great and the restaurant is very open and airy, inviting....so I keep hoping one day we'll get everything the way we experienced it the first time :)

• Visited June 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Food but Tricky Menu”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I may be a little naive and my husband fell for it too but we came to eat Mahi Mahi and when we ordered Mahi Mahi Shrimp, we realized we just got shrimp and that the Mahi Mahi was just the name of the restaurant. Oops, my bad. Even though we messed that up, the food was still awesome and we got to people watch.

Visited April 2013
Edmonton
“Huge portions. Great food!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on my last night in Ensenada.
6 of us went, 2 people had eaten their before.
If you like seafood this place is a must. Portions were very large and they're generous in the amount of seafood in each dish.
My wife and I split a seafood combo cocktail (medio) and it was large. I was pretty much full after just my appetizer.
Next most of us ordered the linguine Michelle. Which was linguine with scallops and shrimp, the portion was so large a few people split it, again there was a generous amount of seafood in the dish.
With beer and meals it worked out to roughly $200pesos per person. Which is great considering you'll leave stuffed.
I would definitely go back and recommend Mahi Mahi

• Visited April 2013
ok
“Yum Yum food..”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We went here while visiting Ensenada for a week. Decided to order crab and lobster. While they were delayed getting lobster (didnt follow why), it eventually came and was excellent. The chips and sauce are VERY good (coming at the start of the meal), then we got our seafood - mouthgasm! But when they brought out homemade flour tortilla's and bread, they were the bomb. We finished up sharing a piece of chocolate cake. Oh - and we had 4 sangria's, which tasted great. The main reason I did 4 vs 5 stars, was the issue getting the food, but honestly, they handled it very well and the manager came over to take care of it.

2 people, lots of food and drink, it came to $ 64.00 us. We got the most on the menu, you could eat for a lot less there. Oh - and the beans are really good as well. We come from Oklahoma where texmex and places similar are everywhere - this had a very unique flavor and would go back. My rating is a 4.5.

Its located downtownish, near pappas and the yellow taxi stand. Tourist area.

• Visited February 2013