“Good hotel for price”

Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Sun City, Arizona
“Good hotel for price”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is located right in down town Ensenada. Rooms are large, two beds, two chairs, TV and very clean. For a single it was $30.00 including breakfast. Beds are very comfortable and rooms have A/C which is unusual in Ensenada. I have stayed in $150 night room there and no heat or A/C.

Breakfast is limited, but for $1.00 more you can have about anything on menu.

Has a really nice lobby, and free safe box at the front desk for your valuables.

What I really like is the hotel security for your parked vehicle as we had our golf clubs in my vehicle. No one gets in this lot unless they have a room key. Security even questioned me on two evening to make sure I was a guest of the hotel when I walked back from dinner.

Everything you want in Ensenada is within walking distance.

I stay in Ensenada about once a month and have never stayed down town and usually stay in more expensive hotels. I have been wasting my money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on Miramar side of the hotel as the other room are on the main highway along the o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bradley1058

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Nothing fancy here, just a clean comfortable room that is centrally located across the street from the marina in Ensenada. The staff was continuously working on the property, which I liked. I had an interior room with a large balcony and had no problem with noise. The value is excellent as I recall I paid $35 dollar per night on the weeknights, which went up to $50 on the weekend. Check out Tequila's Sports Bar across the street. I would definitely stay here again for the location and the value.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my interior room with a large balcony overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Brad K
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Fished all day Saturday out of Ensenada and needed a hotel for 6 of us Saturday night only with secure parking. We chose Hotel Santo Tomas and we were please with what we needed it for. We had a 3 bed room and the parking was a little tough as we checked in at 9PM. Clean and adequate for our need.

pros: location to marina, secured parking
cons: no glasses in room, loud weak AC, hold room to 6PM only (we had friends down the day before who paid for our room in advance), tight parking for a full size truck

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Pros: Low price, central location, clean room, free wi-fi. The place has a lot going for it if you're just looking for a decent place to sleep and I would go back except for one thing. Read on.

Cons: Rooms facing the highway can be a little noisy and rooms that face the inner parking court are more expensive, I found out. But the one thing that will keep me from returning is that they spray a really cheap, obnoxious air "freshener" in the room every day. The smell was giving me a headache and with just a two-night stay, I was smelling it in my things for a week after I returned. Clothes are easily washed but the smell was stuck to my luggage and my backpack too. Even if I asked them not to spray it in my room it would probably already have been sprayed in the room upon arrival the first night and the rooms are so permeated with it that I doubt not spraying more each day would help much.

But for that, this hotel would meet all my needs perfectly and I really wish I could return. But the smell is just that horrible that I will have to look elsewhere for my stays in Ensenada.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Mark167
Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Nice place next to the main shopping drag and across the boulevard from the malecon and fish market.

Nice, convenient place to stay for the money.

Best place to stay in Ensenada if you want to see all tourist attractions.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank PETERPAN1999USA
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Let me first say that I wanted to take a towel home so bad. They have these old school towels with their logo on them which are very cool looking and nostalgic of the glory days of Baja. This hotel was probably top dawg during its day and its still super nice. Has a great tile lobby with a spiral stair case and aquariams. The rooms have all been redone. The best part is the location, literally a five minute stumble home from the bar plus the hotel fully wraps around its own parking so it is totally secure.

No pool, but great location, restaurant for breakfast, comfy beds, parking, cable, tons of hot water, for 40 bucks you won't find something better, trust me I looked.

• Stayed January 2012
6 Thank malloygodfrey
Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This hotel was just summed up in the one sentence description. I like this hotel because it is a great value for a clean safe, comfortable room. All rooms have balconies. There are two things that I don't like about this hotel. 1 No Pool & 2 No website to reserve rooms. All reservations are by email only. This hotel is mostly for the locals, there are very few Americans that stay here.

• Stayed July 2011