“Disapointed”

Mariscos Bahia de Ensenada
Ranked #12 of 320 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego
“Disapointed”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We decided to go back to this restaurant for the second time in 2 weeks only to be greatly disappointed.

I ordered teh same food that i eat the previous week
Big mistake!

The serving sizes are large but they are not consistent in presentation and food quality
The same goes for the deserts

Both main dishes and deserts were completely different from the previous week
The food had no taste, appeared to have been watered down= bad
The deserts - well it appears that the cook did not follow the recipe-Bad

• Visited March 2014

Morristown, Arizona
“Impressed with the freshness & service”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had a large group & pretty much all had great meals here. The service was good too. We all thought the food was fresh & tasted great. Nice!

• Visited February 2014
San Jose, California
“Not As Good As They Say”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We wanted to eat out one day in style. I asked around, and everybody said you gotta eat lobster.
One of us ordered the half langosta and the other a grilled fish fillet.
The fish fillet was excellent. I was *very* disappointed in the lobster. It was small and had absolutely *NO* taste.
Chips, salsa, beeer were decent.
But it is NOT cheap. Near American prices!

Visited February 2014
San Diego, California
“Touristy Seafood Place”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I've eaten at Mariscos Bahia Ensenada a few times. It is the most famous seafood place in Ensenada and everyone recommends it by instinct but I honestly feel their glory days are way in the past. The food is nothing special - in fact, I think I can cook better seafood dishes at home. At first I thought it was only my dish, but after going there a few times with friends that insisted to go I've been let down over and over again.

In Spanish there's a special word "Sazon" that describes whether the food has any unique characteristics that uniquly represent the cook. So for example, your grandma's food has the best sazon, your mom's food has excellent sazon, this place has zero sazon. It seems like some random cook followed some recipe and used subpar ingredients. I dont recommend it to anyone.

• Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“Seafood delight!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This restaurant is well known by the locals and is fantastic. It isn't elegant and has no frills. The fish and seafood are all prepared 4 different ways. I had the broiled octopus and was in heaven. The portions are huge! The margaritas were lovely. We had 2 drinks a piece plus our huge entrees and spent $45 with taxes. We felt we definitely got our money's worth in the quality of the service and the food. We plan to go back every time we visit Ensenada and highly recommend it!

• Visited February 2014