“Best Tacos in Ensenada”

Ranked #27 of 332 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican
“Best Tacos in Ensenada”
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Ensenada for 7 years now, I visit this taco stand at least once a week, and I have never been disappointed. I take all my friends and visitors there, and I've never heard a bad word about it. Even from my friends who say they don't like fish. Give it a go you will not be disappointed... After your tacos, try the Michocana Ice cream next door, they're awesome. We call it the corner of goodness...

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Toolmantym

Ensenada, Mexico
“Tacos Pescado! White tender fish filets fried with tempura batter served in a tortilla”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Nothing is better than an Ensenada style fish taco from a sidewalk stand for less than $ 1.00

Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“My Favorite Fish Taco Stand in Ensenada”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Tacos Castillo is my favorite fish taco stand. I have been a customer for over 25 years and the quality of the tacos has stayed consistently excellent over the years. The stand opened in 1969 and has many loyal customers.. They serve two types of tacos fish or shrimp tacos. The fish is made with angelitio a type of shark. They have a wide variety of condiments including the following roasted chile sauce, a very hot red sauce, spicy avocado sauce, a mild avocado sauce, pickled onions, pico de gallo, and mayonnaise as their white sauce. To drink they have Mexican agua’s, a variety of sodas, and usually Coca de dieta (Diet Coke).

If you want desert, there is a Mexican ice cream place on the corner that has good homemade ice cream and paletas (Mexican popsicles ). For non-seafood eaters I have seen people go and get tortas, french fries, and other types of tacos from nearby places. My second favorite stand which is closer to the fish market, but with better tacos than at the fish market, is Fish Tacos Ensenada. It is located inland on the corner of Juarez and Gastellum they use cazon another type of shark for their tacos.

• Visited April 2012