La Fonda Hotel & Restaurant
US$83
US$78
US$104
US$67
Posada El Rey Sol(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$151
US$175
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewslobsterall you can drinkcliff sidedinner companionspork ribsthere is free wi fistrong drinksmexican blanketsvacation rentaldrinks and appetizersocean wavesthis past weekendgreat timesgreat margaritasan appetizersunday buffetviews are amazing
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at La Fonda Hotel. I like that the rooms are all different and creatively decorated. The staff is friendly and accommodating. It is an all around wonderful experience.
I plan to return.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LillyLyons
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I went here for the first time in August for my brother's wedding and I fell in love with the place. I will absolutely come back whenever I can. Everyone was so friendly, the food was great and I slept great. Everyone in our group wants to go back and do it again. It is a magical little spot that I am so happy to know about. Truly an escape.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

I have been visiting the La Fonda Hotel and Restaurant off and on for 15 years, and I can emphatically say there is nowhere quite like it anywhere. So much so that I have invited 150 of my closet friends and family to attend my nuptials there next summer, much to the grimaced faces of some of my guests. Beyond the charm, eclectic rooms, festive restaurant and gorgeous views lies a peace and almost silence that is hard to find. Not to say that the Mariachi music isn't addictively loud or that the clanking glasses from too many toasts can't be heard, rather it is the quiet undercurrent that flows around this little beach nook that can make the most uptight of people lean back further into the chair, let their hair down a little lower and breathe a meditative ahhhh unintentionally out loud. I hear many Americans voice concern about whether Mexico is safe, and these are valid concerns. But I am a firm believer that our country isn't always so safe either and sometimes facing a fear is part of the adventure and part of the charm. Sure, your room may come complete with a stain on the curtain, carved initials in the Spanish brick walls lathered in cement and you may even feel wobbly on your wooden deck, but then again, that is also part of La Fonda's personality. Rough around the edges with a creamy rich center so decadent it would need to be imported in one of those foo-foo boxes from abroad. It certainly has it's imperfections, but that is also why I love it. I have experienced some of the best memories at this hidden Mexican surf town and hopefully many more to come. To anyone debilitated by fear about crossing the border, I understand. But if you're more inclined to step outside of your comfort zone, experience another culture rich in passion, dance the night away under the tiki roof with chili pepper lights and have the time of your life, then this may be the perfect getaway for you. As for me, I'll meet you there.....

2  Thank HeatherReger
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I can honestly say that my trip to La Fonda in August for my friend's wedding will probably always be remembered as one of the best, even if short, vacations of my life. The hotel was beautiful, the staff was awesome, food/drinks amazing, rooms rad, etc etc, I have not one bad thing to say about my time there. Will definitely choose La Fonda Resort for my next rip out to that area. La Fonda somehow managed to make an already exceptional occasion even more amazing than it already was. GO THERE!!!!

Reviewed 11 November 2010

I stayed at La Fonda for a friends wedding at the end of the summer.

I was there with several friends. I had a great experience. Stayed there for the weekend, and didn't leave the resort once. I ate at the restaurant and drank at the bar all weekend, and the food was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm a vegetarian, and was afraid of not having much to eat. But I had plenty of the typical array of mexican options, and everything tasted fresh and yummy.

Our room, as was everyones room, was a beach front room with a balcony. Ours had a fireplace, I think the rooms varied in this respect. Ours also had a bar with barstools inside the room, facing the ocean, which I think also varied from room to room. The rooms came with microwaves and mini fridges, which was great for keeping beers cold and reheating meals i hadn't finished from the restaurant. The bathrooms and showers were clean, and the room service was prompt. Both the beds in our room were queen size which was great.

As for the ocean view, standard and beautiful. Also, the resort has very easy access to the beach, having a series of staircases that leads directly to the beach below. There were waiters that came down to serve you at the beach, but I don't think they're related to La Fonda and only take cash. Still, great to be served on the beach. . ..We had a good amount of privacy on the beach as well and felt safe hanging out there.

I had a massage at the spa which was great, and easily accessible from the hotel. It was at the end of a walkway that adjoins the hotel, so its' about a 5 minute walk from the farthest away section of the hotel.

All in all, it was a great weekend at La Fonda, and I would definitely go back there, and recommend it ! The price of the rooms were very cheap for ocean front rooms of that size with the amenities offered. The rooms vary from room to room, so I would recommend asking for a tour of the room when checking in, incase you want something specific.

• Stayed: September 2010