“Unreal french cuisine!”
Review of Le Pinche Frances - MOVED

Le Pinche Frances
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Unreal french cuisine!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

What an experience! My wife and kids are currently living in Ensenada and I have visited a ton of restaurants in the area over the past several years and I can tell you that is one of the best places to eat when visiting. Just about half a block from the beach Le Pinche Frances is located perfectly. I have been many times and these are some of my favorite: The Escargo, The Quiche, The French Onion Soup, and The Crepes. Everything I have ordered so far has been ridiculously amazing. I have built this place in my families routine and we will continue eating here every time we have the chance.

Note: Last time I was there I was lucky enough to meet "Antone" who, I believe, is the owner and he was nice enough to share a fresh quiche he was having with me! I was so impressed by his warm spirit and genuine passion for food! If you go try to meet him and learn more about his story. Fascinating.

2 Thank Alexander W

Ensenada, Mexico
“What a unexpected French treat!!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Imagine finding an unpretentious and excellent French restaurant (actually a food truck with a covered patio, tables, chairs and very happy vibe) off the beaten path in Ensenada. The food is amazing! The menu is simple but offers a bit of everything one could wish for when dining a la francaise (delicious savory and sweet crepes, beef bourguignon, chicken, omelets, pastries that you'll dream about, wine, etc.). Antonin, from rural France, is the young, charming owner who made me feel very welcome. I plan to go back often!

1 Thank Dorbaja
Ensenada, Mexico
“WOW!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This little French cafe is part of a new idea here in Ensenada. The entire place is called El Callejon (The Alley) and there are several stands serving various types of food, including sushi, pizza, Cuban food, wraps and salads, drinks -- coffees, teas, sodas, water, WINES! The dining is outdoors on a large patio, shaded areas, nice restrooms. The ambiance is marvelous. We ended at El Pinche Francés for dessert, only because we had walked right by it before. Had we paid attention, we would have eaten there. But, we had to settle for desserts. Each of the three of us had a different crepe and shared tastes of each. Each of them was absolutely fantastic! The owner and everyone who worked there were friendly and charming and helpful and even gave a free pastry made by friends of theirs. To really top things off, the owner brought out two of the house pies to show us and we nearly swooned. Pear with frangipani and apple with walnuts. I will return as quickly as possible . . . omelets, beef bourginon, onion soup, quiches, salads that tempt even me and I hate salad, this place is a true gem. I am smitten!

2 Thank bajadulces
San Diego, California
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. The ambience is wonderful, and it's so nice to just sit and relax at this cute little food truck/sidewalk cafe. I get to use my few words of French with the friendly owner, and we're served delicious food that tastes authentic. It can take time to get used to the unique food, but the flavors are always spot on. I've been there a handful of times, and I plan to go there many more times in the future.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank AndyPeloquin
Mexico/US
“Unpretentious French food, reasonable prices...in Ensenada!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Great alternative to other local fare. Beef bourguignon, omelettes, crepes, escargot(!), onion soup, desserts, French press coffee, and more. Nice patio atmosphere, great service, and homemade style French food. Proprietor Anthony is a young, traveled entrepreneur from rural France who understands hospitality and good food.

3 Thank pirato