“Excellence in the making”
Review of Cuatro Cuatros

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ensenada
Cuatro Cuatros
Ranked #2 of 29 Ensenada B&B and Inns
Chula Vista, California
“Excellence in the making”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Cabañas Cuatro Cuatros this weekend 12/07/2013 and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The hosts were very accommodating and the staff was very helpful. The staff are polite and go above and beyond to make you feel at home.

Getting to the cabins is farely simple but try to make it there during the day because the road is not that great and does not have proper lighting. Also, try to rent a car or go with someone that has a vehicle so you can visit other local spots. It might not seem that you're near civilization because of the vast land that surrounds the cabañas but you're actually near the Pacifica Ocean, Ensenada, Rosarito, Puerto Nuevo and many other great places that can be visited in a short trip. So in my opinion its best if you're in your own vehicle

The architecture was wonderfully designed by taking in consideration the natural surroundings and the comfort of its guests. The cabañas are an awesome fusion of light ruggedness with a touch of moderness to them. The beds are very comfortable and they spared no expense on the white flannel bedding thats very soft to the touch. Each Cabaña is equipped with heaters or air conditioning allowing you to create your own interior climate. My wife, friends and I really enjoyed lounging on our own private patio while we drank wine in the evening and hot chocolate in the morning.

Most of us were not really impressed by the food. The meñu is very limited and it wasn't really that good. The service was excellent and I highly recommend that they consider making changes to the menu or decrease the prices because for what I paid for the food I would have much rather driven into town and purchased street tacos and pay a fraction of the cost for better tasting food. I guess after a few bottles of wine and many beers later the food was the least of our worries.

I'm not a wine drinker, but I assume that the wine was good since my friends drank more than 10 bottles in our short stay. I'm a beer drinker and I found that the Tijuana Morena beer was good, so I kept with that.

All in all Cabañas Cuatro Cuatros is an excellent place to visit if you truly want to experience a zen moment. The beatiful surroundings, the architectural fusion between natural materials, glass and steel make for a very relaxing and semi luxurious weekend. I left there feeling very relaxed until I drove into the Tijuana traffic. now I have another reason to visit again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to reception because the further you are the closer you are to the fire pit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank RGD619

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The cabanas have all the amenities of a room, but do not be fooled by the "luxury" in the description. Everything is furnished with IKEA.
The place is very close to the freeway, so you can hear the cars passing. There is also a ranch next to the Cuatro Cuatros and they have weddings/events that might bother your dreams.
They cabanas are very well heated. Do not miss the Mirador to the see.

I do not regret my stay. People were nice, but I would stay at Adobe Guadalupe instead.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gladysfp
Europe
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel is made by some 20 luxurious tents making a camp in a vineyard, half an hour by car away from cntral Ensenada.

The very attractive tents have excellent beds and pillows and an annex wooden bathroom with all the necessary things plus a small open air balcony. Besides of that, there is a nice terrace at the entrance of each tent.

Mini-bar, heating system and fireplace are also provided. No TV, which seems correct to me, avoiding noises in the camp.

The restaurant has good breakfast but very slow ( they take abot 45 minutes to get your order) and too limited offer for lunch onr dinner. No chance to get other coffee than american coffee. The wine produced by the property and offered at the restaurant is poor.

The service is too slow and unefficient, as one of the owners recogn ized. Since the hotel has been opened for two years, i assume that the property prefers to use badly trained cheap staff, in contradiction with the price paid for the tent (2,300 pesos per night).

All in all, a good experience with some items to be improved.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank atontao
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel has some unique cabanas type rooms, which are a wonderful experience if you spend the night. The cabanas are first class and are very spacious. The wines are very young and expensive. The restaurant food is to avoid. There are many more terrific places to eat at Valle.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank TravelSeguro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ensenada
Hotel Coral & Marina
Hacienda Guadalupe Hotel
Hacienda Guadalupe Hotel
#1 of 3 in Valle de Guadalupe
Hotel Boutique Valle de Guadalupe
Hotel Boutique Valle de Guadalup...
#3 of 3 in Valle de Guadalupe
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
La Cueva Del Pirata
La Cueva Del Pirata
#13 of 29 in Ensenada

Been to Cuatro Cuatros? Share your experiences!