“Not the best”

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Not the best”
Reviewed 18 November 2005

This is probably not the best place for gringos to stay in Ensenada.

I had stayed here several years ago over Thanksgiving weekend with a former girlfriend when I was living in L.A., and I remembered it as a decent place with nice water views and fairly reasonable prices. So when my new wife and I decided to spend a couple of nights in Ensenada on our California vacation from the East Coast, I booked us here again.

It was not terrible but we would not stay here again. The pluses: the room itself was nicely decorated, large, and did have a nice view. It was not meticulously clean but it was OK, and my wife is pretty fastidious. The bathroom was a bit smelly but from our Cozumel honeymoon we knew to expect that.

The minuses:
room was on the third floor with no elevator -- I had to carry all our luggage up the stairs
No air-conditioning, not even a fan, and the placement of the room meant not even a breeze. It was stifling and I decided to drive into town and buy a fan to make our two night stay tolerable
No TV
The complex is very loud. Most of the people staying there are vacationing Mexicans and their norms of what is expected are simply different than that of most gringos -- a lot of loud partying and singing until very late at night.

• Stayed July 2004
15 Thank Charles A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Camino, California
Reviewed 5 August 2005

I was so excited about the reservations I'd made for this resort on the internet! Thank my lucky starts that we stopped by to check this place out three days early as we were heading for another resort I'd booked for those days. WOW!!! The internet advertising stated Ocean front Cottages just steps away from the beach for $152 a night. I arrived to find ghetto trailer looking units just steps away from a rock wall w/ no beach access what so ever. Oh and sorry unit 22 which they gave me confirmation on and did have a view of the water from very dingy dirty windows was no longer reserved for me, now we'd get #23 which was the veiw of the mobil home park looking property. Who ever took the pics of this property for the internet ad could be a master photographer as the only thing that looked the same as their pics was the sign. Including the sparkling blue waters which were actually dark grey. Also I was asured that it was a gated property w/ security. There was no gate, we, we just drove in and I never saw any security on the premises. We had the staff at Estero call this place to cancell our reservations for us and after being hung up on 4 times we finally got our cancellation. Honestly this place was worth about $60 a night and that's only if you feel comfortable parking in an unsecure location and don't know the meaning of the word RESORT!!!

17 Thank Loveourcountry

Travellers are raving about these Ensenada hotels

Travellers also viewed these Ensenada hotels
Hotel Coral & Marina
#9 of 37 in Ensenada
Best Western El Cid
Best Western El Cid
#5 of 37 in Ensenada

Been to Quintas Papagayo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quintas Papagayo

Property: Quintas Papagayo
Address: Carretera Tijuana-Ensenada Km. 108 | Zona Playitas, Ensenada 22870, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Baja California > Baja California Norte > Ensenada Municipality > Ensenada
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Ensenada
#3 Best Value Hotel in Ensenada
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quintas Papagayo 2.5*
HOTEL: You deserve the perfect vacation and what could be better than spending it by the sea with our swimming pool, Jacuzzi and surrounded by a safe and relaxed environment? There are 7 cabins, 12 Jr. suites, 8 studios and 19 California style chalets. An ideal way to forget your daily routine and relax to the soothing sound of the waves. OUR GARDEN: For a special celebration you can't find a more romantic place than this. Breathe the scent of the flowers and feel the breeze of the sea. With a 600 guest capacity, lighting, dance floor, security and a magical wishing well, our garden is the perfect place for a wedding or anniversary. OUR TERRACE: Enjoy that special moment in on our charming terrace facing the Pacific Ocean. Hear the song of the birds and the waves. They are the perfect complement to our beautiful sunsets. We have capacity for 200 guests on the terrace with 80 guests in the palapa, lighting, indoor space for a band, security and parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Quintas Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quintas Papagayo Hotel Ensenada