I booked my room here after reading the reviews on this site.
- The rooms are big, with sufficient lighting, generous curtains and storage
- The beds are comfortable
- There is plenty of hot water
- Usual American amenities - Kirkland Bottled Water, Hair Dryer, TV...
- Free Continental Breakfast (albeit one of the options was waffles with pickled jalapenos)
- Very good location; close to the waterfront and downtown "touristy places"
- The lady who mans the main desk is very helpful and friendly
- Someone is constantly cleaning
The Not So Good:
- We arrived in Ensenada early in the day, but checked in relatively late in the evening.
There was a lot of traffic - with road closures... so I had to call the hotel. The staff did not speak enough English, and they were unable to guide me. It looks like they don't know the city themselves! The hotel is not right on the main street, but on a side street, which is easy to miss. You should definitely look up Google Earth
- Upon arrival, they could not locate my reservation; I had called them - instead of going through Hotels.com
- American prices for American amenities! $60/night. I got a better deal in San Diego!
- No concessions for paying cash or booking with them directly
- Bathrooms are moldy (like all other hotels in Mexico)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly hotel of 10 rooms and 2 Jr.Suites overlooking the sea and the port area, located in the tourist area one block from the Center for the Arts and Cultural Center Riviera ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Posada Don Fernando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Don Fernando Ensenada