“Hands down best food in Ensenada”
Review of Windjammer Restaurant - CLOSED

Windjammer Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Gulfport, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands down best food in Ensenada”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place is amazing. It has not only the best food in Ensenada but also some of the best food I've ever had. The first day I had stuffed shrimp with mango sauce. The shrimp were fresh and the stuffing was incredible. The presentation was so beautiful I did not want to eat it, but I did haha-every bite! I also had a soup before and freshly squeezed lemonade which was great to have on the hot day. The excellent food is equaled by an extremely friendly and quick staff. We met the owners who were extremely friendly and nice.

That Sunday we returned to our favorite food spot for a Father's Day buffet. That had everything from fresh fruit to chiliciles and other traditional Mexican food such as Mole (an amazing dish of chicken with a peanut butter chocolate spice over it) I drank freshly made orange juice and Mexican waters (Jamaca) I'm not sure if that's how you spell it. All I know is how to eat and drink of which my wife and I did! I will definitely be going back to this place.

Also if you are traveling with kids, there is a big playground in the back that is very nice to keep them entertained and is fenced in.

I took pics of my food but can't find them. They are probably somewhere on my wife's phone :(

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LanceStewart

Ventura, California
“Worth stopping for”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were passing through the area after the Mexican 1000, headed toward Tecate, towing a vehicle trailer behind us and actually stopped here because of the ample parking. At first glance, we thought it might be a wine bar/bistro open only in the evenings. Well what a wonderful surprise. We parked our rig and were welcomed by the most attentive staff. The restaurant is quite large and as it was a weekday during midmorning, it was not full. We learned it had only been open for one month. Everything was immaculate and the menu is diverse. My boyfriend ordered Eggs Benedict and exclaimed that it was the best he's ever had, EVER, and he pretty much orders it whenever he eats breakfast out so he knows what he's talking about. I had hands-down THE BEST chilaquiles I've ever had in my life and I also order that regularly when I go out to breakfast. The fresh squeezed orange juice was amazing. Honestly, this was just really, really great food. Delicious. Perfect.

The owner Julian came over to greet us and spoke with us quite awhile. He is very charming and sophisticated and has a lot of pride in this new restaurant of his. Try it when you are in the area. You will love it and I hope to see this restaurant succeed. Because I plan to go again when I am back in that area. A+++

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Sthrngrrl
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Mexican Restaurant for up to 130 people - pet friendly”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stopped here for breakfast one morning and met the owners. The menu is diverse Mexican food served promptly with freshly squeeze orange juice. All the waiters spoke English. This is an ideal location if you are touring wine country, or just passing through.
There are many venues in Ruta del Vino that are destination wedding places, but this is the place to feed a large group for breakfast or lunch. A fenced back yard holds a BBQ and play equipment with grass for kids, or perhaps additional tables.
Our dog was given water and welcomed.

• Visited May 2014