“1 1/2 hour wait and still no Pizza!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Rustico Trattoria Pizzeria B & B

Il Rustico Trattoria Pizzeria B & B
Ranked #7 of 290 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portland, OR
“1 1/2 hour wait and still no Pizza!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

After a wonderful day touring the beaches of beautiful La Paz my husband and I decided to try Il Rustico Trattoria based on the wonderful reviews. We were promptly seated in a beautiful garden with a gravel base and tiny white lights in the trees. The waiter took our drink order and then we waited almost 20 minutes before he took our food order. We ordered a salad and 2 pizzas. The salad was served after a few minutes.

While we were eating the salad, we noticed that the service was not very organized, menus and orders were taken when the waiter noticed you. We sat and waited. I asked the waiter about our pizzas and he said the kitchen was very busy and took our empty salad plate away and brought us a basket with 4 very small pieces of bread. He seemed to be trying, we were enjoying visiting about our vacation in La Paz, so we were patient. The restaurant emptied out, we thought we would be eating soon

I 1/2 hours after we had ordered and one hour and 50 minutes after we were seated, and half the patrons gone and we still did not have dinner. The dished that were served to other patrons looked and smelled great, but I wouldn't know, we never did get our pizzas. We paid for our salad and drinks and left.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank laxmom55

Buntingford, United Kingdom
“Lovely food in a beautiful garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

For a change from Mexican food we went to Il Rustico and found a delightful restaurant, serving delicious food. Between us we tried out the salads, pasta and seafood, and enjoyed them all. Well worth a visit when you've had your fill of tortillas.

Visited February 2014
Southampton, New York
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Alessandra is a fantastic chef, I enjoyed the mixed vegetable appetizer that she marinates herself and the chicken with mushrooms. She particularly likes to bake cakes so leave room for desert. Very popular with local Mexican crowd and local American resident crowd. Not really touristy at all. Several times I suggested that she write a cookbook.
I stayed in one of the cabanas in back of the restaurant for ten nights and found her and Franco to be charming,welcoming and hospitable. Great place to stay, very comfortable, my place even had a little kitchen. Very close to markets, shopping, the malecon for an after dinner walk

Visited January 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Best pizza I've ever eaten. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I'm Italian and I can honestly say this place serves the best pizza I've ever eaten and that included Italy, USA, Canada, most of Europe. The crust was crusty, the middle was soft, the sauce had a sweet taste and the prosciutto was placed on top of the pizza after it was cooked. The proper way to serve it. Waiter had a bit of an attitude and serve was very, very slow but the rest was great.

1 Thank ammarson
Rye Brook, NY
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We felt the need for some pizza while in La Paz, so we ordered take out from this place. Good pizza, no complaints. Better than expected.

• Visited September 2013