“You do have to eat here while in La Paz!”

Tailhunter Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 303 Restaurants in La Paz
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Good for: Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Located on the Bay of La Paz's historic waterfront Malecón, on the Sea of Cortez, you will find three stories of amazing beach casual dining and fun. Headquarters of the renowned Tailhunter Sportfishing Fleets, the Roldan Family's uniquely diverse menu specializes in the freshest seafood and local specialties with their very own Island flair. Top rated since opening in the spring of 2009 for numerous years, we are famous for preparing our fishermen's fresh caught fish with an entire specialty menu dedicated to this rare treat. Featuring great music, fishing and surfing videos, sporting events, ice cold cocktails and front row seats to the best sunsets in The Baja.
Phoenix, Arizona
“You do have to eat here while in La Paz!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you find yourself in La Paz, BCS, Mexico you need to eat here at least once...we can't do only once though as the menu is huge and everything is fantastic. But you must come hungry as the serving size will fill you up! The owners and the staff are fantastic. This is the second year for us and they recognized us immediately! During our visits there I have not found one person that did not rave about their meal.

• Visited June 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Stumbled on a great evening.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were checking out another restaurant and saw this one so we thought we would give it a shot. The owner stopped by to talk with us and kept stopping by throughout the evening, offering local trivia, swapping stories with us, and suggesting menu items.

The food was good, very filling, and very reasonable. The chili relleno was not deep fried so I did not feel as guilty as I normally do when I eat too much. The wings were great and I appreciated the fact they were not fried either.

We did not have room for the root beer floats but they sounded awesome.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“La Paz experience”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We sat on the top floor and had drinks and appetizer. The view was great. The service excellent. We had a small shrimp dinner that was okay

Sacramento, California
“Tailhunter Restaurant”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Awesome view, atmosphere, relaxed and tremendously good food. The food is always fresh and there is a good selection of different kinds of food. The owners and staff make you feel right at home.

Fresno, California
“Excellent Hawaiian Food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I love the ribs. I'm here in La Paz 2+ months a year and visit Jon and Jill often with my fishing groups. The Poke is also especially with a bowl of rice. The view in the evening is great, watching the sunset. Friendly staff and always there when you need them.
Oppps, one thing I forgot. The A&W root beer floats. I don't know If I started the trend but it's going gangbusters. Not quite on my diet but what the heck, I'm on a working vacation

• Visited May 2014