“A comfy zone......”
Review of Hotel Mediterrane

Hotel Mediterrane
Ranked #6 of 28 La Paz B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This hotel offers all you need for a great stay in La Paz...
Friendly bilingual staff, clean and comfortable rooms.
Restaurant serving food.

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed 22 July 2011

On a recent 3 day trip to La Paz, I found a terrific small hotel that made my trip very pleasant and comfortable. The Hotel Mediterrane is a 9 room property (the rooms are named after Greek islands), literally steps from the Malecon, at Allende 36 - clean, cool and charming. The rooms are on 2 levels and surround a small, shady courtyard. Its quiet and gated. There's a charming cafe for morning coffee and an upscale restaurant next door that I didn't get to try. The staff are super nice. Definitely a great place to stay in La Paz. Check out their website at hotelmed.com.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We thought this place was kind of depressing and vacant except for the fact you could here other people talking in their rooms. It was a complete change over the boutique hotel we stayed in that was featured in various hotel books. The view from the roof is good, but that was the best view.
We stayed in on garden room the first night and it was kind of oddly laid out, (bed side next to wall) but it was for one night and we were glad to leave for a trip the next day. There was a cute surprise that startled my husband- a little tiny lizard was in our room by the light switch when he turned it on. Being from the tropics, I am used to house lizards and know that they never leave the walls and ceiling and are kind of cool to watch, so I had to explain this. This had a dangerous step from the main room area to the bathroom- the tile was the same but it was aout a 2" difference and was a tripping hazard. The shower head needs some updating.
Due to the fact I had booked everything before hand, we were scheduled to come back in 4 days. They wanted to put us back in our old room, but we asked for a different one and it was much more comfortable, with the better layout. It had a pastel sponge paint job on the ceiling and that's the only way I can differentiate the two. It was also garden level and the bathroom window was next to a kitchen or something so we could hear people talking for a while.
We paid $91.20 for each room, double occupancy, including taxes and the price was about $80 -sans tax on their website, so booking online via whatever it was- I think I used hotels.com did not save any money. This hotel is right off the malecon, but towards the end of it. It's an easy enough walk to all the other areas and it's really quiet and safe- except there's a barking dog a few houses down the street. This hotel is in a residential neighborhood, not really downtown, but only a 10 min, 10-block walk from the bus station.
The internet wi-fi worked 10% of the time, the walls are thick, but the windows are thin!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Of service and attention versus privacy and time to enjoy our vacation.
Just the right amount...
Of spice on the pizza sauce; and so we indulged as an appetizer almost every night of our week-long stay.
Just the right amount....
They changed the sheets several times during our week-long stay.
Just the right amount...
And always gave us bottles of fresh water in our refrigerator.
Just the right amount...
With only nine rooms this place is quiet and charming even when full.
Just the right amount...
Of advice about the menu in the restaurant , La Pazta, attached to the Hotel. Yum!
Just the right amount...
We had a great time and we are grateful to Norbert, Saul and the staff. With a particular acknowledgment for Joel who was always accurate in his wine descriptions.

Thank you and Bravo!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This is a gay-friendly hotel right near the water. Stayed here for a few nights recently and found the rooms very clean and spacious, with good functioning AC. Very convenient location with rooms facing a quiet courtyard so I never heard street noise (I was in a downstairs room, not sure about the ones upstairs with views.) They have free wifi and free use of kayaks so I was out on the water every day and online every night. I was planning to stay somewhere cheaper, but for just a few dollars more this place was significantly nicer. The workers are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I love this little spot in La Paz. It is close to everything, safe, clean, and the staff is ready and willing to assist you. I had the best nights sleep during my stay as it was quiet and very comfortable! It is always nice to see the owners on a daily basis!

I am a restaurant owner in Chicago and was delighted with the restaurant attached to the hotel. The food and service was fantastic!

I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2010

I am very glad I was able to find this very pleasant hotel. It is located half a block away from the popular beach front walkway called Malecon almost at its south-west end. Yet the hotel is quite quiet and suprsingly sheltered from the city noise that one would normally expect in such proximity to the most poplar city hangout. The hotel staff are kind and very accomodating and speak very good English. It was a pleasure to chit-chat with Giovanni and Jose Luis as well as Norbert (owner) during morning coffee or at dinner time in the hotel restaurant, La Pazta, that features an ecclectic cuisine (Thai, Swiss, French and Italian). The hotel was perfect for my needs: I wanted to relax and be both cloe enough and far enough from the heart of the tourist center of town. There was plenty of parking on the street in front of the hotel at all times. I recommend this hotel to people who enjoy neat, quiet and not comfortable places. The prices also were approprite for the quality of accomodations. I will go back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends