All reviews greek islands la perla place to stay in la paz enjoyed our stay zoe malecon mexico proximity
Reviewed 4 March 2006

We stayed for four nights in January 2006.

This is a Greek-themed hotel, very near the beach, with plenty of character. Our room was quite small but comfortable and clean.

The hotel is set just off the Malecon and so is relatively quiet but has easy access to the main attractions.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

The hotel has a great coffee bar (the best coffee we've had in Mexico - authentically Italian - and great breakfasts) and an excellent restaraunt, serving great value, Italian and Mexican dishes.

There are some steep steps up to the rooms on the first floor.

We enjoyed our stay and would return.

6  Thank Martin M
Reviewed 30 October 2005

My Husband and I recently enjoyed a very relaxing vacation in beautiful La Paz, Mexico--thanks to the Hotel Mediterrane! Before leaving the states I made reservations at a B&B, but after the first night we found it not as described and checked out the second day. We were staying one week and location was important to us, as was a clean, stylish ambience. We looked at several other Hotels before finding the Mediterrane, and immediately knew we had found our Pearl in La Paz. The owners, Norbert & Saul, and their staff, went above and beyond the norm to answer our questions and ensure our stay was pleasant in every way.
Internet access is important to me and the computer was always available when I wanted to use it. The beds were comfortable and the little refrigerator was great for a nice cold cerveza. Location was primo. One block from the Malecon and all the action-but still very quiet.
The highlight of this delightful Hotel was dining on the rooftop terrace as we enjoyed the succulent Swiss/Italian dishes from La Pazta, the restaurant next door! As we sipped a glass of Baja wine (very good by the way) and looked out at the Bay of La Paz, we felt we were on top of the world.
I have already recommended Hotel Mediterrane to several friends.

Marji & Jerome
Albuquerque

• Stayed: October 2005
10  Thank Extraordinary21952
Reviewed 18 June 2005

This small hotel has a lot of character. The restaurant and bar were deserted the night we stayed, but the malecon and its many restaurants are just steps away. The location is one of the best features of this place. Our room was up one of the steep staircases, and was manageable--but would be difficult for people who are not in their prime. It may also be a tough place for people with wheelchairs or walkers. The staff was friendly, although the guys who work the front desk sometimes do not speak English well at all. My ONLY complaint about this low-key, casual hotel was the pathetic shower in our room (the Mykonos). It barely managed to sputter out a tiny spray of water...and washing long hair is basically impossible in this particular room. I don't know how the other rooms are in this regard.

Also, everyone we talked to highly recommended La Pazta...but again it was deserted the night we were there so we ate elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2005
6  Thank CanelaSF
Reviewed 13 April 2005

A thoroughly charming hotel just a few doors up from the beaten path. Courteous and helpful staff, everything you could want or need in a room, fabulous location, wonderful food...what more do you want?

• Stayed: April 2005
8  Thank Expedition27473
Reviewed 30 October 2002

Anyone up for Italian or Swiss? By far the best food in all of the Baja! The place is a goldmine. What an incredible Chef this restaurant has. Not to mention the outstanding ownership team and extremely knowlegeable wait staff. I have been coming back for 6 years now and will continue until I am old and grey. If I could just camp out on their front porch beleive me I would. It is a must that you visit this place if you are in Lapaz and please tell them when you get there that "JoJo" has sent you!!!!

5  Thank LoveTravel13245