“Still some of La Paz's Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Azul Marino

Azul Marino
Ranked #12 of 290 Restaurants in La Paz
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Still some of La Paz's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This has been one of our favorites over the years in la paz. We visited with 9 people early August and everything was delicious. We had one of my favorites which made their normal menu, the Fish Tartar. Absolutely wonderful with the caviar, pita bread and cream. Also had the special scallop wontons which were very good and very different. Pizzas were also excellent as usual. I had the shrimp special in Damiana sauce with huitlacoche risotto which is a corn fungus and it was also excellent. Also had a couple of the fresh fish specials which were tuna and seared just perfect. Also lasagne which was very good. My favorite deserts are the chocolate volcano and the Creme brûlée. I highly recommend. In this case Azul Marino has warned its top 5 place in trip adviser (contrary to the Tailhunter).

“So good we went twice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The food is excellent, the staff wonderfull and attentive. We had a wonderfull experience. The tuna tartare is to die for, but truthfully everything we tried was delicious. If you are in La Paz you definetly have to eat at Azul Marino.

Visited July 2014
Lyons, Colorado
“Azul Marino, Slipping a bit but still worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Ate there twice within a week. Both experiences were positive and the restaurant will remain a fixture in my dining options for LaPaz. The menu is still somewhat limited but adequate to meet most tastes. The salads are crisp and well put together. The soups, particularly their gazpacho, are top notch. They always do a very good job on their fish of the day, well seasoned, simply presented. Even their deserts are worth a look. I'm a big fan of their caramel and pecan crepe. My criticisms rest with the somewhat spotty availability of select soups and entrees. I also was disappointed with some of their pasta dishes. However its location at the Costa Brava Marina remains a big draw in itself . It has slipped a bit from my initial visits, but still worth a stop.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim S
Guelph, Canada
“Fabulous Food and Attentive Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We ate here only after discovering there were restaurants at the Marina. If you're staying at Costa Baja, pass on Steinbecks and come here. I was so good we came back twice, for dinner and lunch. Exceptional meals in a beautiful outdoor setting and the servers were on top of things without being on top on you. This place (and Zoe downtown La Paz) were the culinary highlights of our two week stay in Baja.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank CaboSanAntonio
Chappell, Nebraska
“Dining at the Blue Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Along with another couple, my wife and I recently dined at the Azul Marino. We found the seafood to be very fresh and excellent, as were the drinks and service. We will definitely dine here again on our next trip to La Paz.

Visited May 2014