“Think we've officially found our second home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn
Ranked #2 of 25 La Paz B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Think we've officially found our second home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Well, well, what can we say...we just can't get enough of La Paz and the wonderful Hacienda Paraiso! Back again - this time to share the experience with our friends - the Hacienda never dissapoints!

At first we were a little nervous about sharing "our secret" with our friends since our trips to La Paz have always been just the hubby and I. But what we discovered was a whole nother way of enjoying this beautiful place. We took the trip again to Espiritu Santo and really enjoyed swimming with the sea lions. We also lucked out and saw dolphins and whale sharks. The beaches along this ride are just incredible, and it was a treat to see how impressed our friends were at the beauty (just like we were the first time we came!). It still boggles my mind how until a few years ago we had never visited La Paz, being so close in San Diego. Well I think the secret is out now! :-)

As always, Richard and Gloria are the most gracious hosts...we truly enjoy catching up with them each time and chatting the mornings away. They have a genuine interest in our enjoyment during our visits and we really feel like we're coming home to family. The peaceful laid back atmosphere, serene pool, and cozy rooms just make you feel at home.

The breakfasts there still are some of the best meals in town and they always thoughtfully accommodate my veggie needs. You're full for at least 1/2 the day!

We took a different side trip this time to Cerritos Beach via Todos Santos. We stopped in at the Hacienda Cerritos for some drinks and an amazing ocean view. Watching the whales from the pool patio & bar was just stunning!

If you're looking for a high-energy, a loud tourist and nightlife scene La Paz isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for natural beauty, uncrowded streets, hospitable friendly people, local culture, crystal clear waters and marine life...well then you might just hit the jackpot with La Paz and Hacienda Paraiso. We sure feel we have!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Crystie,
Thank you for your, as usual, wonderful review. I know you have been back at least three additional times since your initial visit and the next trip will be five times in 4 years, a new record for Hacienda Paraiso. It makes us feel so special when such a high number of our guests make repeat visits which shows their love for Hacienda Paraiso and La Paz. Only those who actually get to spend some time here will understand why this is so. And I'm so happy that you wanted to share the Hacienda with some of your friends. Your friends were super people too and I know they will be coming back down again. We look forward to meeting other friends as well.
The new route you and Ben take from San Diego to the border, on to Tijuana airport and down directly to Lapaz on the new Volaris airline makes life a lot easier for folks coming down to La Paz from LA and south to San Diego. One of our guests gave us the name of a secure border parking business which they loved for $7 a day including a FREE ride to and pick up at the border upon their return. Anyone coming to the Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz and interested in this info should call us.
We love you guys and enjoy seeing you whenever you take your long holiday weekends and fly south. At this point, next time you come I'll probably just tell Gloria that " our kids are coming down to visit". This is most definitely you home in Mexico. I know you guys are very busy but take care and enjoy life, and most of all stay healthy.
Love, Richard ,Gloria Laura, and Ashell

PS; Once again thanks so much to you guys for helping and guiding Gloria when she went up to San Diego using the new "route".

or

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Wonderful breakfasts,great conversations with Gloria & Richard and other guests.
Gloria & Richard were also very helpful with suggestions on restaurants,places to visit,arranging tours.Felt like home away from home without having to do any housework or gardening!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Joyce,
Thank you for your review. I truly appreciate your efforts. Like most physicians reviews, I notice the reviews tend to be short and sweet and I think this is because of the importance of the awareness time productivity and its manifestations. Enough of my armchair psychology. We very much enjoyed having you and Nap (also a physician-seems we are getting quite a few physicians as of late) as our guests and I too very much enjoyed our conversations. And since I lived in the Bay Area for 16yrs, I am also happy that more and more Bay Area folks are discovering La Paz and Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz. Gloria and I look forward to your next "escape" to paradise and more of those interesting conversations and of course Nap's up-beat personality. Stay well!
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was a lucky accident that we got to stay with Gloria and Richard. We were three couples who had rented a house to stay in (we wanted to cook together among other things). Our flight with Aero Mexico was changed and we had to leave a day later than our original reservations. The men in our group had made reservations for deep sea fishing with Baja Pirates (and they handled, so to speak, our housing accommodations. They had booked us into a hotel for the one night before our house was ready. As would happen, there was a Triathlon going on and the road to the hotel was closed. Baja Pirates was able to make a last minute reservation for us at Hacienda Paraiso. They drove us there from the airport. We had no idea where we were going (the driver even took us to a wrong place first). Imagine our delight to land in this beautiful B&B! We would have been very comfortable there for the whole week (the house was great, too), but the one night we did have was just terrific. Our rooms were lovely and comfortable (very nice mattress- slept great). We arrived when it was almost dark, so we didn't really see our lovely surroundings until the next morning. Our breakfast was absolutely amazing - just delicious! I luxuriated in the lovely tropical plantings, the attention to detail of the decor outside, and the lovely classical Mexican architecture. It just called out for you to relax and enjoy yourself. Gloria and Richard are a fund of knowledge about the area and things to do. It was really enjoyable talking to them both. When we moved on to our house that next morning, I had difficulty a couple of days later making reservations to go to Isla de Santos and I emailed Gloria about my difficulties. She was so gracious and helpful and found us a tour even though we were no longer their guests. We got so much useful information during our conversations with the two of them. We look forward to going back! I still haven't gotten to swim with the whale sharks and I would definitely do the snorkeling with sea lions again.

Room Tip: We had the Dolphin room upstairs. Nice view of the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Diane,
We can't thank you enough for taking the time to write down your beautiful thoughts. When the "Pirates" called, and said they needed a favor and had three couples just for one night, we were delighted that some folks had just departed and we had the space available. We normally(unless for people on special trips- kayaking, live aboard, or island campers), or our neighbors in Loreto, Cabo, etc., don't do one night stays. But for our friends " the Pirates", we wanted to help out. And when we met you guys, we were delighted that we had the chance to host the group. We will do the best we can whether it is one night or twenty. We are thrilled that we got so many positive comments from you, Ken and the rest of the group regarding the serendipity involved in bringing you to us and that you look forward to coming back for another visit. We welcome you at any time. Tell the boys the fishing is getting hotter and hotter. Thank you again for you efforts. The Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz awaits your return.
Yours, Richard and Gloria Laura
PS: If I can take a quick moment. When guys (mostly) come to fish La Paz, they, like most fisherman, do not necessarily concern themselves with accommodations, concentrating on the fishing part of the trip. But the ladies have other ideas. We get numerous calls, after the fact, when already in La Paz , that the women are not as happy with these accommodations from the various fishing outfits and prefer not to stay in the accommodations agreed upon. This ,of course can present a multitude of problems. In order to serve everybody's needs, we are now listed as part of the Baja Pirates package but you need to ask them when the ladies are coming down. The women who are left to their own devices when the guys are out fishing should have a good time too and we can provide the ancillary services they will enjoy such as a HOT-ROCK 1hr massage for $33US. Just a thought. And since I am an inveterate fisherman myself, I never get tired talking about fishing. Think before coming down. We look forward to seeing all the fisherman, Richard
Winters, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were greeted and hugged goodbye by sweet Gloria and wonderful Richard. Our room was amazing, the breakfast scrumptious, and words of advise priceless. Richard and Gloria really know the best of the best restaurants to eat, places to see, and things to do. La Paz was like Paradise and we enjoyed every second of our vacation. We totally loved our week staying at Hacienda Paraiso, strolling the festive Malecon, snorkeling with Whale Sharks, Sea Lions, & tropical fish, kayaking with dolphins, watching breaching Humpback Whales, exploring the amazing beaches, and camping for 3 glorious days on the Island of Espiritu Santo. Wow! This was the perfect Spring Break! *<:`)

Room Tip: We loved our room upstairs overlooking the Giant Turtle etched pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gardiner clan,
Gloria and I want to thank you very much for taking the time to write your beautiful review. We loved having and sharing some of life's precious time with you. You have an infectious lust for life and we hope to have another opportunity to "spoil" you some more in the near future. La Paz offers so much to do many months of the year but as teachers, I know there are some restrictions on your travel time. We are happy that you were pleased with the Hacienda Paraiso
de La Paz , La Paz and your total trip in general. Stay well until next time, we will think of you often. Richard and Gloria Laura
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We just spent a week with Richard and Gloria in La Paz and it was wonderful. The Hacienda is very comfortable, homey, and a nice place to relax by the pool. We had wonderful breakfasts with great conversations, while meeting new guests almost every day.

Richard and Gloria have the resources to arrange excellent excursions, a great massage, or just making it easy to grab a cab anywhere.

It was just the R&R we needed! Thank you Richard and Gloria!

Ilene and Spence

Room Tip: we loved our King room with an outdoor porch.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Ilene and Spence,
We are thoroughly overjoyed that you both had such a wonderful experience at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz. I, too, enjoyed our interesting conversations and look forward to a repeat in the near future. Maybe next-time, you can come in a different season so that you may get a more rounded overview of beautiful La Paz. It was our pleasure to have you and we anticipate more laughs and good times with you. Stay well, Richard and Gloria Laura
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I needed a B&B getaway in LaPaz, and Hacienda Paraiso was the perfect answer. Hosts Gloria & Richard were gracious and helpful, the breakfasts were tasty and plentiful, and the inn was our answer to a terrific vacation. If there's another trip to LaPaz in our future, we'll be at Paraiso.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dennis and Diana,
Gloria and I greatly appreciate your review and feel rewarded for our efforts to give you the best vacation possible at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz. I certainly enjoyed our many conversations and having both a physician and a lawyer here at the same time, I felt relieved knowing that all contingencies were covered. Seriously, I'm glad you enjoyed my lab and that you have included me in your information "blog".I have found some articles very interesting. The best to you both and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Louisville, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

In February, my wife and I stayed at Hacienda Paraiso, a delightful oasis in the heart of La Paz and a great base for seeing this wonderful city and surrounding countryside. We loved our stay there, partly because of the attentiveness and hospitality of the hosts, Richard and Gloria, who made sure we had everything we needed and offered helpful suggestions about local places to see and things to do. They lined up a masseuse for my wife one evening who was terrific, and much more affordable than those at local resorts. At their suggestion, we explored a beach outside of town near La Ventana that was gorgeous and a perfect day trip. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool area a green oasis of calm and tranquility. We heartily recommend Hacienda Paraiso! Thanks, Richard and Gloria! We hope to be back. . .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Randy,
Gloria and I want to thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you and Carla enjoyed your stay at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz and when you return, we look forward to helping you have another great adventure..There is always much to keep you busy in La Paz and I hope those reading this will speak with us before booking too many days in some towns (no names) which we feel are better suited for a day trip than overnight stays.
Whether it's swimming with sea lions, snorkeling, world class diving or fishing, 1-hour hot rock massages($30) horseback riding the canyons or many other activities, we can get some great discounts for you. And that includes the new hot sport of salt water fly fishing. Send some of your buddies from Trout Unlimited down for some spectacular fishing. We will take good care of them.
Once again, thanks for your thoughts and come back down soon.