Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn
Seven Crown La Paz Centro(La Paz)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$78
US$115
Hyatt Place La Paz(La Paz)(Great Value!)
US$94
Hyatt.com
US$180
US$131
HotelsForEveryone
Club El Moro(La Paz)(Great Value!)
US$62
Posada LunaSol Hotel(La Paz)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$51
Hotels.com
US$46
US$45
Hotel One La Paz(La Paz)(Great Value!)
US$56
Agoda.com
US$140
TripAdvisor
Hotel Marina(La Paz)
US$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgloria laurasea lionslarge garagemexican breakfastgracious hostsmaria bonitaother guestssopeseach morningrental carbrewed coffeebeautiful poolhis knowledgean oasispalm treesrocking chairshome away from home
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hacienda Paraiso is a great place to relax and unwind and it has lots of Mexican character. First, the courtyard is beautiful - it is large, well treed, has several different places to sit, and has a nice pool. Second, the rooms (mine anyway) are well done - good bed, pillows, amenities, etc. and all done in an authentic Mexican style (Richard is a long-time La Paz resident and his wife Gloria is Mexican so they know Mexican style). Third, the Hacienda itself is located well out of town in a quiet residential neighbourhood so is perfect for a good night's sleep. Fourth the breakfasts were good - coffee, juice, fruit, and a hot plate of food. Finally, Richard and Gloria were wonderful hosts. They were both very nice and helpful. They assisted me with arranging trips, suggested restaurants, lent me a towel and beach chair, and many other little things - Gloria even gave me a few little gifts to take back to my kids. The only negative thing I can say is that I didn't like the dogs - despite the fact that I'm unlikely to lose my life to a 12 inch tall Chihuahuas, it's not a welcoming feeling when one is barked at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Jamie,
Thanks for taking the time to write your wonderful review. Gloria and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much. The rooms are decorated with indigenous art and the furniture Mexican hand-made for us. Each room has its own Mexican theme. We always are told how peaceful the nights are away (short-walk) from downtown (that's why we live here). Also. other than a few "downtown shops", Most everything to do is outside of downtown, the best beaches
with white sand, the beautiful bays, etc. We have two supermarkets, 2 ATMs, movie theater, six restaurants, etc. close by. When people come here a good portion of the year, they truly appreciate an opportunity to cool off in a beautiful pool (day and night) and I'm happy you found the peace and rest you wanted at the Hacienda Paraiso de la Paz.
We hope that your kids enjoyed the small gifts Gloria gave them. We are happy to know that you said that you intend to come back with your wife and we look forward to meeting her and helping you share the Hacienda and La Paz with her. Cachito and Nefi , the mini-mites said they will not bark next time. Stay well and enjoy life, Richard and Gloria Laura

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Spent a week with my family of 5. The Hacienda is beautiful and Richard and Gloria are warm and gracious. With their initial guidance, we began what turned into one of the most memorable weeks together we've had anywhere. Diving, horseback riding, surfing - you name it. And true to its reputation, Southern Baja and the Sea of Cortez are among the most magnificent and beautiful places in the world. The Hacienda itself is more than comfortable and the personal hospitality is first rate. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Doron,
Thank you very much for your glowing review. Gloria and I were thrilled to have you, Janet and the boys for your stay. It is very gratifying to know that not only the adults but three teen-age boys could have such a wonderful time in La Paz and at the Hacienda Paraiso. You certainly were a family which enjoyed getting up and out on various adventures and I am happy that we could help with the various arrangements to ensure those many successful outings. Of course, we very much hope that you will find it possible to return and do even more in La Paz; perhaps some diving( Oct. Nov. Dec) or to hug a gray whale(mid-Dec.Jan.Feb.March-mid Apr). Until then,
good luck and good heath to all.
Warmest regards, Richard and Gloria Laura and Ashell

Reviewed 26 June 2014

my wife and I recently stayed here on the last few days of our honeymoon and were overwhelmed with amount of excellent service provided by gloria and richard.
they took the time to help organise our snorkelling trips etc… and provided a detailed map that they had marked up all the local interests and restraunts for guidance, and were very understanding of our budget as we were running out of funds!!
the breakfasts were very nice and different each day, and very authentic mexican meals. we really enjoyed the company of gloria and richard and had many great conversations with them and feel we have made some great friends on the other side of the world! (they are lovely people).
also the garden of the apartments were beautiful with a lovely pool that does not stink of chlorine and feels nice on the skin! coconut trees are dotted around and cool swing chairs and rocking chairs to relax in.
the room was also very beautiful with hand carved furniture and a very authentic mexican feel to the rooms and the bathroom.
the location is great and close to la paz centre but far enough that it is nice and quiet at night time!
La Paz is beautiful if you are thinking of going and there are some lovely beaches like nothing you have seen before and great wildlife!
all the best
John and Michaela

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john m
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear John and Michaela,
What can we say except a big thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful heartfelt review. You guys were great and we were so happy to be able to share in your honeymoon celebration. I, too, enjoyed our conversations and learned a little bit more about Melbourne. I hope all goes well for you "back under" and that you can start planning for your home and eventual family.
Of course, we would love to see you some day again whenever that possibility arises. We are so happy that we could help you celebrate and make your special trip everything you dreamed it could be. Best of everything to the childhood sweethearts. Hugs all around.
Richard and Gloria Laura

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I did not personally stay here as we we in a nearby vacation rental during January and February. But my parents stayed here for two weeks in February and were blown away with the high level of service and attention to detail that Richard and Gloria provided them.
When stopping by to visit mom and dad, we were welcomed on the property by the owners and were truly treated both as family, as well as paying guests. We really enjoyed getting to know you guys and very much appreciated your honest recommendations and delightful musings.
Although we rarely stay in B&B's, if we were to choose one in lapaz, this would be the only one I would consider based on our collective experience. In fact, I think we just may come and stay here sometime in the future for a few days just to experience it again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Cameron and Raylene,
We very much thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to write your review and a wonderful one at that. Gloria and I enjoyed meeting you as well as your parents. When you are at Hacienda Paraiso, you are indeed friends and family only without any responsibilities except to have as much fun or rest as you need. I would love to see you and your dad come down for a few days of great fishing and relaxation and look forward to seeing all the family again. Our best to all and think of us often as we do of you guys. Stay well. Richard and Gloria and Laura

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our family stayed here for several days in February. Beautiful property, conveniently located to main areas of La Paz (by car), and Richard and Gloria were wonderful hosts. Very gracious with good advice for non-tourist restaurants and activities. We definitely would recommend and if in La Paz we would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Peter,
Thank you for writing your review. We do enjoy getting reviews well after the fact not only because you finally got the time and remembered to do so, but your review says that your experience remains very positive in your mind and you want to share it. I do remember your wonderful family and how everyone was looking forward to the Lindblad week on the sea with the naturalists. I'm so envious! I do hope all went very well for you and that all of you were able to experience the many wonders of the Sea of Cortez and the richest, most diverse marine eco-system on earth (BBC's favorite place to film their documentaries [according to a BBC photographer]. Our hope is that you will return sometime and explore more of La Paz and it's environs. Say hello to your dad and the others and good health to all.
Richard and Gloria Laura