“Incredible experience!”

Sea & Adventures
Ranked #2 of 62 Tours in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mar Y Aventuras is Spanish for Sea and Adventures. We offer sea kayaking and whale watching expeditions from La Paz and Loreto, Baja California, Mexico focusing on natural and cultural history, wildlife encounters and delicious regional food operated with the utmost respect for the local culture, flora and fauna. Sea & Adventures, Inc. and Mar Y Aventuras, S.A. de C.V. are sister companies operating jointly to provide you with the best service possible.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

From start to finish this is a classy operation. We saw dolphins, sharks, whales and so much more. We took the Island Hopping trip from Loreto to La Paz. We got to snorkel at so many great spots but the big thrill was a forty minute encounter with a WHALE SHARK! We were swimming with sea lions at Los Islotes when one of the group noticed a young whale shark. This put the trip over the top but it was a great trip anyway. The guides were very knowledgeable, the staff helpful and the food was delicious.

outfitter, Owner at Sea & Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear guest,
We are very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your adventure with us in Baja! We really enjoy sharing this special place with such enthusiastic participants! Thanks for taking the time to post this lovely review to share with others on TA and for choosing the travel with us in Baja.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I can't say enough good things about these guys. 3 friends and I were planning a 10-day kayak trip along the coast (on our own), and I had lots of questions about logistics, water, a ride back to La Paz, ride to the airport, etc. Belen answered all my emails (lots of them!) with great patience, wonderful information, and set up all the rides and hotel accomodations, There are some people you feel you are friends with before ever meeting them, and Belen is one of them. We hadn't hired them as guides or anything, but when we arrived at the hotel with our van full or our gear they let us use their large space to clean, store, and pack up our gear the next morning. The hotel is beautiful and comfortable, everyone went out of their way to be helpful. Special thanks to Belen, Nelly, and Mikey for making our adventure go so smoothly. We're coming back next year on another trip and will definitely stay here and work with these folks again. I miss it already.

outfitter, Owner at Sea & Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear guest,
Your review warmed my heart! Thanks for your kind words and for making the effort to post this review on TA even if you weren't hiring us as guides or renting our equipment. You are friends of ours now and we welcome you back with open hearts when you return next year.
Cheers,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have been welcome by Ricardo and Belen like anywhere else! They took the time to answer all our questions!
Service A+!
Friendly and trustful!
We slept at the hotel, did a kayak trip and went snorkling with the whale sharks: all amazing!!!

Thanks! What a nice review you posted here for those on TA looking for a great place to stay in La Paz that offers their own day trip excursions snorkeling with whale sharks and sea lions. We are the only outfitter in La Paz that offers both.
We hope we see you again in Baja soon,
Ciao,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Don't miss this trip! Snorkeling, swimming with seal lions, kayaking, helpful and informative guides, plenty of support, great food, comfortable camping, and a wonderful happy hour each day.

Thanks so much for your kind review here on TA! Your patronage is greatly appreciated! All our best and hopefully we'll see you on a future trip with us in Baja.
Ciao,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I traded emails with Mar y Aventuras before my recent trip to La Paz. I really wanted to do a kayaking and snorkeling trip, unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and it was too windy. They arranged a snorkeling trip for me and handled all the plans. I hope I'll be able to kayak with them on my next trip. Seems strange to rate a group I didn't actually work with, but they took very good care of me when they couldn't!

outfitter, Owner at Sea & Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

I'm so sorry we were not able to take you out on your dream trip in Baja. I hope you are able to join us on a trip in the near future because kayaking on Espiritu Santo Island is a must! We really appreciate you taking the time to comment on our customer service here on TA even if we were not able to accommodate you.
Best Regards,