“Original Rancho Viejo is Excellent”
Review of Rancho Viejo

Rancho Viejo
Ranked #20 of 303 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There are a couple of these, but this one is only open at night - fancier than the malecon partner that serves tacos. Very nice place
Seattle, WA
“Original Rancho Viejo is Excellent”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We visit La Paz two or three times per year for underwater photography, and always have several meals at Rancho Viejo's original location. For dinner the molcajateis outstanding, and the chilaquilles are great for breakfast.

We typically have 10-12 photographers, and this large restaurant is excellent for groups.

Fort Bragg, California
“Lunch”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We walked to the end of the Malecon and turned up the street to find another Rancho Viejo restaurant owned by the same one as on the Malecon. It is larger and has much more seating. The tacos we ordered were OK but not as many extras included as the smaller one on the Malecon.

Toronto, Canada
“Where to eat in La Paz!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The arrachera tacos at Rancho Viejo are a big reason as to why I love visiting La Paz.
Wonderful service and the best option for a mexican meal.
xoxo rancho viejo

• Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Really good Mexican food”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

If you want some really good mexican food near the La Paz waterfront, you need to go eat at Rancho Viejo.

Running Springs, California
“The original and still the best”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I typically spend almost 6 mos. in La Paz each year. The Rancho Viejo on Marquez de Leon is my go-to spot for a quick easy meal. As a result it is always my first night's dinner when I arrive back in town. After a day of traveling to and from airports and the actual flight, traditions have developed over the years. The first being that I never close up my home without a case of ice cold Pacifico's in the refrigerator waiting for my return. As soon as I walk in the front door and drop my luggage in my room I open the refrigerator and pour a ice-cold Pacifico into a frozen mug, walk to my patio and just take a moment to take stock of the world. Before opening my next one though it is time to jump in my Jeep and run to RV to pick up a kilo of Arracherra.

Arracherra is simply flank steak but whatever is in it they have the best marinade hands down!

If you find yourself in town during the cooler month's make sure you try their papas relleno. (stuffed potato). It is a great rib-sticker when the weather is cooler and you are ready for a slightly heavier meal.