“Whale Shark Excursion with Carey Tours in La Paz”

Whale Shark Boat Tours
La Paz
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Whale Shark Excursion with Carey Tours in La Paz”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I have to say that I found the quality of customer service with this company very poor. The woman who sold me the tour was very pushy gave the price as $65 (you can get it for much less) and failed to mention that tax was not included so that when wh converted the price to pesos for me it was only after I left that I realised that something was not right.

When I came back to question her about the price she had charged she refused to give me a refund when I said I was not happy (I had not been on the tour and there was no reason not to give me my money back as the tour would be going ahead without me and they didn´t need any extra staff etc).

I talked to another whale shark outfit and they were incredibly friendly, gave the price (with no hidden tax charges) in pesos at 750 pesos (the other place was 937 pesos) and they also were very open about the fact that it was low season for whale sharks in the area so there would probably only be one rather than several and that it would take longer to find the whale shark potentially, meaning less time in the water with the whale shark. None of this information was volunteered by Carey.

When I talked to other people who had booked to go whale shark watching with Carey, they mentioned being rail roaded in by the same woman,and they said they were pretty unahppy with the customer service that they had received too.

Visited February 2013