“Special purpose location”

Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in La Paz
Altanta
“Special purpose location”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Located in the harbor, it is a bit away from the other tourist locations but good for boaters and those going off on tours. Restaurant is very average, but nice outside location on the marina.

Very nice to return to after a week of kayaking.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed here for two nights before my camping/kayaking trip to Espiritu Santo with Baja Outdoor Activities. I also needed a hotel on my last night in La Paz upon returning from Espiritu Santo, but I waited to book that night until I had a chance to see what the Hotel Marina was like on the front end. Suffice to say, it was good enough that I booked the last night there too even though I thought before arriving in La Paz that I'd want to stay at another place even closer to BOA. The Marina was cheaper than just about anything else. I booked the first two nights through some travel website and it was $75 per night, excluding the breakfast buffet. Better to book directly through the hotel though, as I did for my last night, and the breakfast buffet was included for the same rate. The room was about what I expected and hoped for. It was clean, with no bugs crawling around or anything gross in the bathroom, and that's all that really mattered to me. There was also a pool area that I pretty much had to myself on the day before my trip with BOA. The breakfast buffet offered pretty much something for everyone for only $10--fresh fruit, omelettes, pancakes, cereal, chicken and beef dishes, fruit juices, and coffee. All good. Only bummer was a huge party with music cranking at a club right next door to the hotel on a Saturday night, but I was told that was not typical and it was for some special reserved party. Still bring your ear plugs or inquire about this before you book if. The two other nights were pretty quiet. Also, two computers with free internet in the lobby were a nice bonus!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms numbered from around 14 and up (114-121, 214-221, 314-321, etc) faced south to...
Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TedW67
Taos, NM
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed here because I had to meet someone here in the morning but was pleasantly surprised. Got a garden/pool view room with sea view in the background. Very nice. Clean, a bit basic. The garden is lovely and peaceful. One of the main benefits was the quiet here, located just a couple km from the main downtown seaside area. No cars, roosters or dogs. There was a wedding party but it ended at a reasonable hour. Also, a lot of noise carry through from someone walking in heels in the room above (I guess concrete carries sound like that). Otherwise didn't hear a soul. Nice breakfast included. And a nice walking area around the marina. Secure parking. Attentive staff. 950 pesos promo rate.

Room Tip: The sea view with garden/ pool view were nice. Get as high a floor as possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We were looking for another hotel and stopped here to find directions. As it turned out, we were to tire to keep looking and stayed. For the price, it was very nice. Had a great view, included the best breakfast and the staff were so helpful. West Jet had delayed a flight and I was in a panic. The staff went out of their way to try and make phone calls to see what my flight status was.

Great location, as I like to walk, especially at night. Nice walk to the downtown area, but far enough away to be quiet. They also booked the best part of our trip, to Espiritu Santos.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jana708
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Good things: nice location (right at the marina) you can enjoy a pretty sunset hearing the boats on the dock. Quiet neighborhood, safe to walk around.

Bad (and terrible) things: I checked in when housekeeping still doing my room and since they rush her my room was nasty! The moment i took off my shoes i notice the floor was super dirty and the moment i walked in the bathroom i found it beyond dirty!! Service at their restaurant is very lack as well, staff is very rude are not service oriented. Bed was very uncomfortable.

The only attentive person was the reservations lady!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are more private.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank PatitoAngelito
Sikeston, MO
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Marina for one night while visiting the beautiful beaches of La Paz. The room was well furnished and spacious. We got a suite with two double beds and a couch with sofa bed. The room had 2 tvs, but one was for watching cable tv and one was for playing video games only. The shower was nice and had hot water. The air conditioner was wonderful. We also had a refrigerator in our room which was great to store our drinks that we had had in the cooler all day. It was far from the city life, but we did not mind the drive into town. They had wifi but it was horrible and we could never connect even after contacting the front desk and having them unplug and plug again the router.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank weezie97
Reviewed 23 July 2012

It is about 8MIN drive away from downtown (50.00 pesos per trip for cab) not bad..nice and quiet.. Great service, at check in ask about promos that might include breakfast..definitely worth it!!!!

Excelente servicio, cuartos y hotel muy limpio, necesita taxi para el malecon, lugar tranquilo

• Stayed May 2012