“Need more stable and more ocean capable boats ? Fish Baja Pirates”

Baja Pirates Fishing Fleet
More attraction details
Owner description: Baja Pirates roots began in Alaska then moved to La Paz Mexico in 2000. The Alaskan style of service was retained. We have the largest most modern fleet of American style boats in La Paz and provide only top quality gear(Avet Reels and Ugly stick rods). Fish processing includes vacuume packing and freezing your catch for your trip home. We have added Scuba, Snorkeling, Sea Kayaking, Golf and day tours to offer something for every family member.
Portland, Oregon
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Need more stable and more ocean capable boats ? Fish Baja Pirates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

OK so I show up in Baja and its raining. Never a good sign but Pedro said its ok and we went out thru the white caps and caught bait Captain Luis and Ivan both worked hard to put me on fish even though the seas were bad. So the next day the winds were worse so we did not go out the next day the wind was a bit better so again we stepped up and went out in rough conditions went and caught bait again and headed to Cerralvo Island. Its a bit of a run in rough seas but the Triumph 21s handle the seas much better than even the best super panga I have ever been on. Its a good thin cause it turns out tropical storm Sonja was just a day or so away and by the time we headed back the swells were 8 to 10 feet. I would have not wanted to be on a panga in that situation but felt fine in the Triumph. From what I hear the panga captains were bailing out water the whole ride back. The live wells are much much better and the fish lockers are larger on these boats also. Thanks to my other family south of the border Luis, Ivan, Pedro and the always smiling Gama ! A special thanks to my return van driver Raul for saving my tail and bringing me a bag that I had forgot to grab out of the van. That bag had my Tequila in it !

Thanks again to all of my friends and family at Baha Pirates ! Sonja tried to cramp our style but the Pirates worked hard to keep me safe and put me on fish.

A special thanks to the Best Ceviche maker in La Paz also. Cant name him. I will say this. He is an experienced fisherman / captain and if you treat him right he will put you on fish and treat you to some of the best ceviche you will ever have.

Visited November 2013

Kent, Washington
“Fly fishing with Baja Pirates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

WOW! I had a great three days of fly fishing in La Paz with Baja Pirates. Fly fishing for Dorado, Bonita, and Rooster Fish far exceeded my expectations. My captain /guide worked hard to put me on fish. The hotel cooked up a feast with fish that we caught....that was treat for our group. The restaurants we ate at all had very good food. Our group all walked along the promenade to the hotel and felt totally safe.

Moreno Valley, California
“Greatest Fishing Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Without a doubt the greatest fishing fleet in both La Paz and Las Arenas, Leonard and Pedro along with there staff made every effort to make this an awesome 3 days of fishing. they put us on the best Dorado and Marlin fishing any of us had ever been a part of. Will definitely be going back to Baja Pirates.

Camarillo, California
“Best Outdoor Outfitter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

If your looking for a great fishing outfitter who will look after all your needs, then look no further than Baja Pirates. My group of four had a great time fishing. Not just because the fishing was good (which it was), but because the crew took the time to meet our needs. My father recently had a triple bypass, and was limited in what he could do. Juan Carlos, one of the captains, made the extra effort to put him on fish that he could handle. He provided lighter gear that was more manageable for him. My father was extremely grateful and caught his limit of fish each day. Both Leonard and Pedro, who manage the operation, will see that everything is taken care of. All you have to do is ask, and they will make every effort to meet your needs. And finally, one of the best parts of the trip is when heading home, we found our fish was vacuumed sealed, labeled, and frozen, ready to be put in our ice chest.

Los Angeles, California
“One of the best and most complete outfits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

The whole team is among the friendliest and most complete outfits I have fished with. The owners, captains and drivers/staff really make you feel comfortable while you are in La Paz. We had an exceptional time down with the guys.
We were picked up on time every day to our destinations, either to the boats, dinner or to the local store to pick up random things. We felt safe even though we didn’t speak Spanish, because the drivers were always with us to translate and make sure we were not getting ripped off or taken advantaged. This is my second trip with these guys and am looking forward to many more years with them.

Will