“A favorite cafe in LaPaz”
Review of Bagel Shop

Bagel Shop
Ranked #14 of 321 Restaurants in La Paz
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Every time we visit LaPaz we make it a point to eat at The Bagel Shop multiple times. Food is excellent and the owners are wonderful people and always make us feel at home. Everyone is extremely customer friendly at The Bagel Shop and make it a point to provide excellent service. The food is quality and delicious. Highly recommended and a must stop when you are in LaPaz.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Even if you are not partial to bagel´s, this is still a great place to go for breakfast. They have an extensive menu with lots of choices, and the owners and staff are muy simpatico!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Bagel Shop in La Paz is more than bagels with cream cheese. I stopped here yesterday and had a delicious sandwich on a bagel with ham, avocado, tomato...delicious. They also serve breakfast daily, including Sunday, and serve omelets and waffles. Really. This is a great all around spot for a quick bite or leisurely breakfast or lunch. I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I'm a New Yorker and have had many so-called bagels away from NY, but rarely do they make a genuine boiled, NY bagel. They don't do it in Illinois, where we live (all right, so they do in Skokie). So, imagine my surprise to find an actual, NY style, chewy boiled bagel in La Paz. If you want one, The Bagel Shop is the place to go. To our surprise, the owners had never had an actual NY bagel. Now make no mistake, they've Mexicaned it up a bit. For starters, they have things like chipotle cream cheese and basil nut cream cheese. And instead of lox, they have smoked marlin, which they make themselves (where else would they be able to get it). I had an onion bagel with chipotle cream cheese and smoked marlin. They add tomatoes and capers and you've got the best of both worlds: a New York bagel, Mexican style. The owners are very nice and take great pride in their great bagels. The coffee was also terrific. I'd go back in a New York minute.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stopped here for breakfast but was pleasantly surprised by the diverse menu, that I ordered waffles instead. It was a great choice indeed with exceptional fresh fruit as well. I ordered a bagel to go to have for lunch later as I still really wanted to try one of their infamous bagels and it also did not disappoint. The service was fantastic and I appreciated the helpful suggestions that they offered. Great patio setting in a relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!