“BEWARE! THEY DO NOT HONOR RESERVATIIONS!!!!!!”
Review of Marlin Adventures

Marlin Adventures
Chicago, Illinois
“BEWARE! THEY DO NOT HONOR RESERVATIIONS!!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation a MONTH in advance. I called EVERY WEEK for the next THREE WEEKS to check on the conditions, sea lion colony, and remind them HOW EXCITED we were. I missed a phone call from them 3 days prior to the excursion. So they sold our spot to someone else. I show up with my family the morning of our RESERVATION and Arturo threw up his hands like he had no idea we were coming. There is ZERO possibility he did not know we were coming. Maybe they got more money from the people they dumped us for. I was so embarrassed in front of my family, this company has no respect for reservations. I called Arturo every week for a month telling him I couldn't wait. Again- they do NOT honor reservations. We had to scramble to book with another boat and were starving as Arturo had promised to make us quesadillas - the other boat cost us more without anything to eat the whole time. Does missing a phone call after a month of contact mean you get to sell my reservation??? It was never cancelled. He absolutely knew we were coming. Everyone should know- don't trust this place with your family...

Visited November 2013

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful day with Whale Sharks”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We took a group of 12 to swim with Whale Sharks. Arturo and Allan took great care of us. Allan took some great pictures. We were given good overviews of how to swim with the Whale Sharks and everyone had a great time.

Visited November 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must! Highlight of my trip to Mexico!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My boyfriend and I took a day trip to Espiritu Santo with Arturo as our guide. We have traveled extensively all over the world, but I have to say that Arturo is the best guide we have ever had. His attention to detail and knowledge about the history and culture are unparalleled. The beaches were beautiful and the snorkeling was great. If you are in La Paz, you must come here. Even if you are staying in Cabo, you must make the trip to La Paz to take this tour. I can't say enough positive things about our experience.

Visited October 2013
Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience with Marlin Adventures”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

After reading other reviews about a visit to Isla Espirutu Santos, my wife and i decided to try for ourselves. What an unforgettable experience. We had a rental car, so we departed Los Cabos at 7:45 a.m. and arrived on our own at Tecolote Beach. We made La Paz in just under two hours, but we missed a turn off that would have shortened the trip to Tecolote - we wound up navigating through the Centro in La Paz, then over to the Malecon where we hugged the Bay all the way up to Tecolote. From previous reviewers, I wasn't sure if we would make it in time, but we arrived a little after 10 and immediately learned that a Panga would be arriving from La Paz in about 10 minutes. It was with Marlin Adventures - I negotiated a price to join the tour and off we set with Sergio the boat captain and Sophie, the tour guide, as well as three women from Los Angeles and six or seven Mexican tourists - all very friendly and enjoyable to be around. The trip itself was absolutely unforgettable - snorkeling with the Sea Lions, viewing the rock formations, lunch at Coralito Beach (probably the best beach I have ever seen, and I have been at a few of the "stars" in the Caribbean). The highlight of the day was upon the return when our boat, along with a few other boats, happened upon several hundered dolphins. There was a grand play date for about 20 minutes, with the dolphins leaping and smiling from the front, the back and the side of the boats. It almost looked choreographed - Sophie swore to me that we were incredibly lucky - being the cynic, I figured the dolphins showed up at the same spot and the same time every day, but she said no. So it was a fabulous experience in every way. Our day took about 6 and half hours on the boat - it would be a very long trip from La Paz - but probaby worth it also. I highly recommend to anyone to do it - and while I have nothing to compare it to, the folks at Marlin, especially Sophie, who I understand is their only woman guide, were outstanding. Try this folks, you will not be sorry.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Hal A
Mexico City
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Incredible whalewatching”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Absolutely perfect trip, well organized with experienced staff who know the best places and boats. Highly recomendable!

Visited March 2013