“Place Worked for Me!”

Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in La Paz
Concord, CA
“Place Worked for Me!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2005

I was in La Paz the first week of February, 2005, for two nights, three days. Lorimar Hotel is near the walkway on the bay and the shops, restaurants and activity in that area. It's within walking distance of all areas of La Paz. I had a small room that was clean and quiet. No view. I paid 240 pesos as I remember, which is only about $22. The staff is friendly, honest and informative. I checked in my valuables at the front desk. They were returned with no problems. I had a rental car, which I parked in front of the place on the street with no problem, except that when I was leaving town, I did a U-turn on that street, later finding it to be a one-way. (Watch out for those, as they are poorly marked in La Paz.) If you are alone, I highly recommend the hotel. I guess it can also work for couples. It certainly worked for me on this trip. One other resident told me that his tour book said that it was the ONLY recommended hotel in La Paz, it being so much better than the others at the price. Again, I liked the price, the feel, the location and the service connected with the place. I recommend it to others.

13 Thank gfulmore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Campbell River, British Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2004

We stayed at the Hotel Lorimar the first time in 1995. We drove there from Canada. The hotel was recommended to us for the cleanliness, friendly staff and cheap price. We stayed there for a week and had a great time. The staff were very nice. They have a macaw which wandered around in the court/lobby area. The bird was very friendly and I have pictures of myself feeding it. The second time we stayed was in 1998 - everything was still great except the bird. For some reason it did not like women and tried to bity me every time we went in or out of our room or hotel. One time it even chased me into the street and up the road a little bit til a man picked it up and brought it back. The bird loved my husband and would snuggle on his shoulder whenever he sat at the table in the lobbey. It was very annoying as I had to carry a water spray bottle around with me so I could spray the bird - this was my only defense to keep it from biting me.
This is a budget hotel and is very clean. So if your just looking for a place to sleep at night it is worth it. We also liked it because it was quiet. If we go again we would stay here but hopefully the bird is caged up!!

5 Thank strawberry35

Travellers are raving about these La Paz hotels

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2003

We needed a place to stay en-route to Cabo. We found the Lorimar Hotel just 2 blocks from "El Malecon". We had to park in the street, but that was okay with us. The attendant (Iran) was very welcoming. There was a sign that had the $27 rooms and the $40 rooms. I asked if I could see them both. He very willingly accepted. We went ahead and just took the $27 room. It was extremely basic with no t.v. We didn't need t.v. so we were fine with that. If we needed to see t.v. they had one set up downstairs in the lobby. This was good because we were able to meet people from different parts of the world. Kind of a gathering place. Iran mentioned something about a family suite as well. I forgot the price. I'm sure it was minimal. The hotel was decorated nicely as well. Pretty plants all around. A very pleasant breeze blew through it. The price, location and service made up for anything this hotel missed. We were very content with our choice.

16 Thank Orchid M