“My new favorite casual-value seafood place in town”
Review of Mc-Fisher

Mc-Fisher
Ranked #6 of 303 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Altos, California
“My new favorite casual-value seafood place in town”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Celebrated my birthday here last week with another couple. Didn't know anything about the restaurant except that it was one of our friend's favorite places. Now I agree.
We did not have the appetite to try all the extensive menu - the owner/chef showed us Fresh Ahi tuna from the grill as the special that day. I ordered two tacos, one camarones (shrimp) and one octopus. The rest of my table tried different things. The service staff was very friendly, and graciously opened our bottle of champagne with glasses that we brought. We had a very festive, happy and casual lunch here. When we return to La Paz next fall, this will likely be the first restaurant we will visit. All are looking forward to getting to know the staff and the menu Much More. Muy Bueno!!!

• Visited June 2013

Forest Park, Illinois
“Killer Fish Tacos”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

From the simple fried or grilled fish tacos to the intriguing poblano stuffed with smoked marlin, battered, fried and served on tortilla with cheese, this little joint serves some darn tasty food. It's all cooked freshly, simply done, but so interesting as well. I wouldn't have thought of shrimp, chorizo and cheese on a taco, but had to order another.
Cheap and delicious with friendly, english speaking service.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Mixed results”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I had been wanting to try this little hole in the wall for some time and finally did with mixed results. Had their "burro McFisher," which was more like an open-face taco with sauteed fish, octopus and oysters, very greasy. My husband's coconut shrimp, however, was out of this world - really, really good. One disconcerting observation. They had a fry basket that was draining (and had a few pieces of fish in it). A couple of sparrows hopped on and started picking at the fish. I pointed this out to one of the cooks who just smiled, but did nothing. I thought perhaps this basket contained "discards" but later on, she started frying up fish and put the fish in that basket to drain and then served it up to another customer. She didn't put the fish that the bird had been picking at on the plate, but this can't be sanitary.

• Visited May 2013
La Paz, Mexico
“Do you want fresh?”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Love this place! Luckily it is only a few blocks from home. I reccomend McFishers all the time for fresh, well cooked fish. Try the WaHoo.

Visited April 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Fish Tacos in La Paz - recommend for Lunch.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Located a couple blocks north of the Cathedral and east of the Malecon, the picnic tables and local setting are perfect for lunch. The best were the pan fried scallop tacos, but the fish, and shrimp were great as well. Order the fresh guacamole too. Wash it down with a Michilada (beer & lemonade) to complete your meal.

Visited April 2013