The first impression was very pleasant as the atmosphere seems to be hospitable and the courtyard is really cute. However, after we dealt with the Swiss manager/owner and paid approx. 110$ per night in advance for a double room, we found on the bed the so called "rules of El Angel Azul" composed by 3 sheets and more than 40 detailed and really strict orders explaining the real "environmental friendly" spirit of the maison. Just to give a very preliminary taste:
1) The first statement of the decalogue is that they "WANT TO EDUCATE THE TRAVELER". This sounds like a very bizarre statement to people in their 40's..
2) They do no provide shampoo nor bathfoam since they say each traveler has to bring its own necessaire.
So if you don't have yours, forget about having a restorative shower...
3) Even if you don't care tto much about foam, forget also about having a hot shower since El Angel Azul do not provide you hot water during the summer...and you know about that only when you are taking your shower.
4) Finally if you want to take a rest and enjoy some cool air from your air conditioning split forget about regulating the temperature as you prefer since the air conditioning system will not allow you to do so but will just moderately refresh the room.
5) And don't be afraid about forgetting to turn off the air conditioning or the lights when you go out, since the management reserves the right to do that on your behalf by entering into your room....
If you are looking for a true military experience go somewhere else and for sure you will pay less....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Angel Azul Hacienda offers you rooms where you will find privacy and a quiet ambiance right in the center of La Paz. El Angel Azul is housed in a national landmark - the former courthouse of Baja California Sur and you are invited to use our big Mexican kitchen,living areas and our courtyard garden and we offer everything you need to feel at home ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your El Angel Azul Hacienda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.